Text msg content being changed!
anderson5106

Twice now, my husband and I have discovered that content has been changed in text messages I sent to him. Words changed, entire sentences deleted AND ADDED!!! I read through the permissions on apps before updating and haven't updated any that allow these permissions, to my knowledge.  Anyone else having this problem? It is really freaky. My texts show on my thread exactly as I sent them, but show up to him changed. He can forward the changed text back to me and I can see the changes that way. I have the Droid 3 and he has the X.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text msg content being changed!
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello anderson5106,

I sure would be frustrated if my text messages were jumbled. Are you using special characters when sending a text message? Such as animations? Does this only occur with text messages that are more than 160 characters?

Try a soft reset by removing the battery then dial *228 + Send and option 1. Additionally, does this only occur when sending a message to just this one person? 

If the issue persists, send me a PM with your mobile number and I will contact you to assist you further. 

Thank you,

0 Likes
Patommyscagirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem yesterday- the content of what I sent and what my husband received are completely different sentences.  He was travelling through a bad storm in Indiana at the time.  He is furious and I just want to know how something like this can happen- caused big problems! Help!

joh43
Enthusiast - Level 1

This SAME exact thing happened to me last night. I sent my husband a text, and he received something completely different. The last sentence was the same as what I sent, but the first 3 were something about that morning and not saying Good Morning, going to K-Mart.....???????? I have NO idea what the heck happened. Of course, he thought I meant to send it to someone else, and did not believe me that I did not send that message. Finally he had to come home and look at the actual message I sent him (the one he did not get) to believe me that somehow the content of the message got changed. Not cool. What causes this?

CAPS2020

I am having the same problem! It is often subtle, like just one or two words. I have been telling my friends about this for a few months now. Very frustrating and sometimes problematic.

0 Likes
Brobroxan

I too have been having the same problem.  Want it fixed.  Any suggestions 

0 Likes
Brobroxan

Yes  I too have just had that happen  not only change my content but will answer by itself.   Help

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes