Text messaging not functional while on home wifi.
John79hardin

Unable to send or receive texts while connected to wifi. Is it something with my Samsung 6 or the wifi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging not functional while on home wifi.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there John. We appreciate you reaching out to us about this. Based on your post, is it is safe to say there is no issue with texting over the Verizon Network. Are you able to access the web while on WiFi? When did this start? Is there anyone else having the same issue on your home WiFI?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John79hardin

This started a few weeks ago, as a joke, I turned off  the Galaxy 6s messaging in parental controls. When I turned it back on, it wouldn't work. After calling version customer service and following a reset, it worked for only 30 mins or so. Everything else works. And the other devices on the wifi don't have any problems either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very interesting John. You mentioned a reset. What type of reset did you do on the S6? When it stopped working did you get some sort of error message?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes