Text messages not being received.
GLASGOWRANDY

This is driving me crazy.

My friend is unable to receive texts from me. This is not a simple issue of blocking at all. He and I can call each other ( both ways ). He can send texts to me but when I respond he doesn't get the response. I have tried every variation of troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting methods-

• Reset network
  • Remove 3rd party messenger
  • Reset the phone
  • Check for Blocking

and everything in between.

An added note is this is exclusive with Verizon phones messaging him and this is the case for 3 other people who contact him. He has done all of the same Troubleshooting and even changed phones.

Any help would be great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages not being received.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What network is your friend who cannot receive texts from Verizon network on?  What Messaging app is he using?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you initiate a new text message with this person?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my text messages to keep me connected to my friends at all times and definitely want to make sure you can stay connected with your friends, GLASGOWRANDY. If your friend is having issues with multiple people, we would recommend having him contact us to troubleshoot his device. Your friend can also use this link to assist with some troubleshooting, http://spr.ly/6583Dzdr1 refer to number 19.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are you sending to i-phones/apple products??

0 Likes
vistech
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was on the phone with Verizon prepaid support for 1.5 hours and they just left me hanging there. I dialed in from another phone and the automated message said they are actually closed for the day (it was past 11pm ET). So they put me on hold and left for the day. Brilliant strategy.

Like you, I am unable to receive text messages on my I-Phone 5S from Android devices (I still receive them from other I-phones). I did all the troubleshooting (reset network setting, reset phones, unblocked messages; send as SMS; updated the phone settings). Nothing works. I can still receive phone calls from the same Android device. Can someone from Verizon please help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Messaging concerns are not what we want for you. Allow us to troubleshoot as I understand that you've performed multiple steps. What messaging app are you using? When did you start having this issue? What changes have you made (uploads, downloads, etc...) prior to this issue? Here's a link that will assist with troubleshooting https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-tool/

Corey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrM1862
Enthusiast - Level 3

And here's a link to a discussion that probably explains your issue.

MMS broken again, Galaxy S8+

0 Likes
BJThomas96
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue is clearly a Verizon issue. For me it started over 2 years ago when I switched from ATT. The issue has continued for me as I switched from Samsung Galaxy S7 to a Google Pixel 3. It's also occurred regardless of which messaging app. After researching this on and off the past couple of years and reading the responses from Verizon in this thread and the one included in the post by MrM1862 above, I'm now convinced the only solution is to leave Verizon. For me that is unfortunate because other than this issue I'm a happy Verizon customer and I really don't like ATT. But group texting is so common these days and so important to communicating with friends and family that it's just not worth it if there's no real solution coming.

ksubz01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just joined Verizon and have spent 2.5 hours with Tech Support. Did everything possible (reset network settings, erase content and settings, switched out simcards) Have a brand new Iphone XR and don't receive any Android texts. This is unacceptable. Can someone fix this?

0 Likes