Text messages deleted
lizziebeth2003

So, as many others I've read about, my Droid also randomly deletes all texts in my inbox, with no notification.  This is extremely irritating!  And then today, it was sending my texts to the wrong people, and then when they would reply, it would be under a different phone number, sometimes not even in my contacts.  Very screwy!  I've had more problems after my phone updated than before.  Has anyone found a bug fix for this, or are we just getting new phones?  What is the general opinion on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages deleted
CWL

This happened to me as well.  sometime yesterday (9/7/10) afternoon, Pacific time.  I looked at my phone, and all messages (except for one new one) were completely gone.  My settings are not set to delete any messages.  Anyone else?  I suspect there's a glitch in the update...

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

It seems it may be a software error on your device. I would recommend performing a factory reset to resolve this. the steps are listed below:

1. From the Home screen, press1. From the Home screen, pressthe Menu key .

2. Touch Settings > Privacy >Factory data reset.

3. Read the warning and touchReset phone.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
DominicJ2

Did this actually work for anyone?  Mine has deleted all of my messages twice this month.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

No a factory reset isn't going to solve your problem.  It's a known issue and appears to be a bug in the Android OS that's causing it to dump text messages.  Seems to happen more often than not with people who have a large number of texts with the stock messaging client.  You can try using a 3rd party app like Handcent and a message backup app such as SMS Backup & Restore to run scheduled backups of your messages.

0 Likes