Text Messaging Not Working
Lothruin

Salient points:

I'm using a brand new Droid Pro. This phone was provided by ProtectCell after my two-month-old phone experienced a cracked display. It is new, not factory refurbished. My service was working perfectly on my imperfect other phone. (Texts were being received and sent with no problems, it was reading them that was a problem, due to the faulty display.) I took the new phone to the Verizon Wireless store to have it activated and my contacts transferred. I have not been able to send or receive text messages on the new phone. I tried restarting the phone, then removing the battery, and when those didn't work I called customer service and was told there were no network issues in the area, and that my plan correctly showed unlimited texting. They were unable to transfer me to Technical Support because I had no other device on which to speak while troubleshooting. I was advised to try *228 in case of a programming error. That didn't work. I have made sure that my phone is running the most recent updates. I've even downloaded Handcent in case it was an issue with the included software, but it seems SMS is not working at all on this phone. I've verified that people are unable to send text messages to me, and that I am still able to call out and receive calls, so I know that the SMS is the only affected service. I don't know what else to try, or what I have missed, or if my wonderful new replacement phone is faulty out of the gate. Please help, before I tear out my hair.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messaging Not Working
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Lothruin, I am sorry your text messaging isn't working. I understand how frustrating this is and would like to assist you as best as I can. From  your post, I show you have performed a lot of the trouble shooting steps we would have performed. The last step would be to ensure your provisioned correctly on  your account for text messaging. This will involve speaking with you on an alternate phone. YOu may send me a private message with your name a alternate contact number to discuss and trouble-shoot your issue in more detail.

0 Likes
Re: Text Messaging Not Working
insertadjective
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone have any idea of a fix for this issue? I have the exact same problem, except on a Droid Razr Maxx. I broke my previous phone, got this new phone, and everything works except SMS and MMS. I can make calls, send e-mails, web surf, etc.

0 Likes