Temporary Phone during repair
xtraspcial

I just sent my Droid 2 Global in to Motorola to be repaired so I'm going to be without a phone for a week or so. I still have my old LG Dare though. Would I be able to activate it even though my plan is now a smart phone data plan, and if so would I be able to use the LG Dare's internet under my 3G data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Temporary Phone during repair
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You would certainly be able to activate the old phone, I have had to do this a couple times.  The data plan would be different for the Dare, but if you really need it, I'm sure they could put you on one temporarily.  Your best bet would be to call customer service and explain exactly what you are trying to do. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you currently have unlimited data on your Droid 2 and reactivate a Dare(non-smartphone), you will permanently lose your unlimited data unless you reactivate a smartphone on your line within 2 weeks. After reactivating the smartphone, you will have to call CS to have your unlimited data re-activated as it will not do so automatically.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, demmo86rt and rcschnoor, for your replies.

Hello xtraspcial,

It's good to learn that you have a device you can activate in the meantime. If you decide to activate the LG Dare you would have the option of selecting a current Data Plan. If you currently have an unlimited data plan on your Droid 2 Global you will be able to readd this plan to your Smartphone as long as it is within 14 days of the plan being removed. As rcschnoor advised, this data plan will not automatically be readded but we would be glad to assist you in adding it back to your line. Thanks for continuing to Rule the Air!

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes