Tablet problems
SimplyFurry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Verizon Tab, not sure of the name (or how to check that) but here's my problem. My tablet works fine when on WiFi, but when using data. I cannot stream videos, download apps , or use most Google services. But I can still browse the web, Skype, video chat and download pictures, videos, and music. So why can't a stream videos like on YouTube, or download apps, why won't my emails update. I know I have the data, since it works for other things. So why isn't it working for everything ??

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tablet problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you following back up with us, SimplyFurr, and for providing us with these details.

Looking over the initial issues, it sounds like the main apps not working are all Google/Gmail based.

Have you tried going to the YouTube app, and signing out and signing back in?

This can help re-establish your network connection with Google's servers, and get you back online/updating normally.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the cellular data connection turned on on the device? Is the plan still active on the line?

You can find the model of the device under the "About Tablet" area of the Settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SimplyFurry, that's allot of apps and features to not have working, and would have me just as equally concerned. Let's do all we can to get everything working across the board.

Ann154 asked some great questions, as well as provided a tip for locating the model of your tablet too. Did these help out?

Just in case, I also recommend reviewing Settings>Data Usage > Perhaps is Limit Mobile Data Enabled on under Data Usage > Menu is Restrict Background Data enabled too?

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SimplyFurry
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a Verizon ellipsis 7

My background data is not restricted, it shouldn't be at least.

My cellular data is turned on and I can use it to access web pages. (Like this one) but as I said alot of other stuff just won't work well on data.

0 Likes
SimplyFurry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have the option to restrict background data, instead I have a check box saying ((Auto sync Data)) I have that set to yes.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you following back up with us, SimplyFurr, and for providing us with these details.

Looking over the initial issues, it sounds like the main apps not working are all Google/Gmail based.

Have you tried going to the YouTube app, and signing out and signing back in?

This can help re-establish your network connection with Google's servers, and get you back online/updating normally.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
SimplyFurry
Enthusiast - Level 2

That made the YouTube app work, I'm gonna try getting a different internet browser and see if that works for streaming other web videos. It seems only the Google stuff (as you said) is messed up, thanks for the help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details! Glad to hear that worked for you. If any questions arise in the future please let us know.
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes