Syncing music with Eris
dickiedoda

I'm trying to find the best method to sync music with my Droid Eris.  My only success has been using DoubleTwist, but it is so sluggish that I consider it to be unusable.  Is there a way to sync the Eris with Windows Media Player (12 on Windows 7)?  It doesn't recognize the device.  Are there any other options?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Syncing music with Eris
gambler2025
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am new to the forum and to a smart phone and I don't know if you have tried this yet so here it goes. I read to transfer music from PC to Eris after you connect you phone via USB cable, from the home page, you press menu then select notifications, you will then see a page that says Ongoing. You then want to press USB connected, this will then pop-up a page that says mount / unmount. You want to mount and this should use your USB card as a mass storage device. You can then create a folder in which you should be able to transfer music files either with Windows Explorer or WMP. Make sure before you disconnect your phone to go through the same process using notifications and turn off the USB storage and use safely remove hardware on your PC. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: Syncing music with Eris
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

gambler2025 wrote:

I am new to the forum and to a smart phone and I don't know if you have tried this yet so here it goes. I read to transfer music from PC to Eris after you connect you phone via USB cable, from the home page, you press menu then select notifications, you will then see a page that says Ongoing. You then want to press USB connected, this will then pop-up a page that says mount / unmount. You want to mount and this should use your USB card as a mass storage device. You can then create a folder in which you should be able to transfer music files either with Windows Explorer or WMP. Make sure before you disconnect your phone to go through the same process using notifications and turn off the USB storage and use safely remove hardware on your PC. I hope this helps.

All correct. I find it easier to just drap & drop songs into the music folder. I drag & drop songs from iTunes.

If the person is also interested....you can download the app called iMusic.Just download music from there.

0 Likes