Syncing Android Phone With MS Outlook
dmw4814

I just recently purchased an HTC Imagio smartphone to replace a Blackberry 9630 Tour that I had several problems with (I exchanged my Tour twice and even got an 8530 Curve, but still had problems and was fed-up with the Blackberrys!). Now, I am considering returning my Imagio due to the fact that I have Windows 7 on my laptop and there are not yet drivers released to allow you to tether the Imagio to a Windows 7 PC and, as a tractor-trailer driver, I need to be able to access the Internet away from home.

Anyway, I don't know a whole lot about the Android operating system yet (except that people who use it generally seem to really like it) and was wondering if it can be synced with Microsoft Outlook? I have all of my contacts and appointments, etc, in Microsft Outlook and want to be able to load them on my Android phone, if possible, by syncing it with Outlook as I do with my Imagio - is that possible? Will all my contacts info populate in the correct fields (i.e. work phone, home phone, address, etc) if I can sync it with Outlook?

Thanks,

Dennis

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Syncing Android Phone With MS Outlook
Elad13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes the incredible does sync with outlook, just not sure how they did it at the store, but all my concacts from outlook transferred over.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you plug the phone into your computer, on the phone you will see 4 options. Choose HYC Sync. On your computer you will be given an option to load HTV Sync and a file will be provided to load.

This program once it is loaded, it will alloe you to sync with your Outlook.

0 Likes
IncredibleJeff

If you want to wirelessly sync your Microsoft Outlook information and are not using exchange try CompanionLink for Google.  It works great.

CompanionLink for Google

Good luck,

Jeff

0 Likes