Synchronizing with Outlook?
RSchlak

I'd like to upgrade to a smartphone, but I need it to easily synchronize contacts with Microsoft Outlook on my laptop. Is this possible with the Droid? How? The Verizon salesman didn't know.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Synchronizing with Outlook?
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

There are companies that offer apps that will help you sync your Droid with Outlook.  Please remember that since Droid phones require you to create a Google account which gives you GMail.  You can sync your Outlook and GMail accounts, which will will allow you to transfer your information from one source to the other. 

Instructions

• Download Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook (see Resources)

1. Install the software on your computer. You will be prompted to sign in to your Google Apps account. This allows Google Apps Sync to connect to your account.3
  2. Enter your Gmail address into the "Email Address" field.4
  3. Enter your password and click on the "Continue" button.5
  4. Create a Google Apps profile for use in Outlook. Select the down arrow and choose your user profile. This is automatically generated from Outlook. If your user profile is not listed you can import your Outlook PST file by choosing the "From a PST File" option. Your Outlook PST file is a locally-stored copy of message, task, and calendar items.6
  5. Specify what to import by checking each appropriate box. You can import Email messages, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Junk Mail and Deleted Messages.7
  6. Select the "Create Profile" button. The data import automatically starts. 8

Run Outlook after the import is complete. Outlook prompts you to select which profile to open. Choose your Google Apps profile. After your profile is selected, Google Apps Sync begins to import your data.

0 Likes