Synching Calendars on Samsung Galaxy S III
Chrsch1220

Does anyone know how to set up the Galaxy S III to synch with various calendars such as hotmail, yahoo and others?  I keep looking for the settings and it says I have those accounts set up, but I do not see a place to set options for calendars only the email.  Any help would be great thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Synching Calendars on Samsung Galaxy S III
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the option to sync the calendar with my hotmail account, but it is only because the account is setup as an exchange account. Do you have your accounts setup as exchange accounts? The option for adding the calendar sync is in the Accounts & Sync within the main phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the option to sync the calendar with my hotmail account, but it is only because the account is setup as an exchange account. Do you have your accounts setup as exchange accounts? The option for adding the calendar sync is in the Accounts & Sync within the main phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You make be able to sync them on the gmail calendar website, then they will automatically sync with your phone. Not sure though.

0 Likes
Chrsch1220

This was a big step in the right direction!  I deleted the email account for hotmail then went into calendars and set up it up there through the exhange server setting you mentioned.  Now i am getting email and was able to synch my hotmail calendar.  I am still trying to solve the problem with the yahoo calendars.  I have a personal calendar there and I also subscribe to a group calendar.  I got an app that allowed me to synch the personal calendar; however, it does not let me see the group calendar.  I do not know why these companies have to make it so difficult. 

Thank you very much for the reply and I am happy that the Hotmail one is solved.

0 Likes
Chrsch1220

I am currently looking at this as a solution to the yahoo calendar problem.  I responded to Ann154 above and got the hotmail calendar to synch.  I really appreciate both of you taking the time to respond.

Thank you

0 Likes