Sync problems
Somebodyhelp

is it possible to temporarily suspend B/U Assistant+ sync.  I am revamping my contacts, and it keeps syncing back to my phone alll the contacts I deleted or changed.  And it has quadrupled them to 2500 pluss.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sync problems
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You can disable BU and turn it back on when you are ready. I would however as you are revamping your contacts, change them to Google Contacts and save them as Google contacts going forward as Google's Contact Backup is so much better then BU. It is more reliable, seamless, does not jumble contacts or mix them between each other.

Somebodyhelp

Thank you for responding.  I disabled backup, but it is still syncing all of those 2500+ to my phone every day.  I can't find a way to shut off sync.  Tech support claimed it would stop syncing when I stopped backup, but that is not right. Do you know how to shut off sync?  Tech said after I made all the changes on my phone they would delete the contents of the cloud.  Then we could turn back up on again.  But with this problem, I can't get there, since I don't have a block of several hours to get it all done.  Second question.  How do I save CURRENT contacts to Google, and can I save them on by one? (I am saving all NEW contacts to Google).  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Somebodyhelp

Thank you for responding. I didn't realize I could send a reply back to

this E-mail until after I responded to the Verizon Wireless community. So

could you go to the community, please? I have some more info there, and a

couple more questions. Thank you so much.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you reply to the e-mails that are sent from the forum, the replies are posted on the community forum.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Somebodyhelp,

We do not want you to have to keep deleting out the same contacts as you are trying to re-vamp your contacts. What make/model device do you have? Are you editing the contacts from your phone or on your computer?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Somebodyhelp

I have a Motorola Android 4. I am deleting them on my phone. Then the

cloud just syncs them all back to my phone. If I delete them from the

cloud on my computer, will they be deleted out of my phone too?

On Feb 5, 2015 6:56 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

If you delete them from the Cloud they should delete from your phone as well. I would delete from both though because with my luck I would delete from the computer and in the time it took to get to my phone it would backup and reload the computer.  One thing you may want to do is call Verizon and change your pin to get into the cloud. Then do NOT put the pin in your phone and it cannot sync.  If you disabled it already, you may be able to stop it from synching as well.  I need to go back and see how to do that one though as it  has been a long time.

0 Likes
Somebodyhelp

I don't have a password connected with my phone. It just goes right into

the cloud. It comes up showing my e-mail address when the cloud loads.

Would it work to be in the cloud on the computer and on the phone at the

same time? If so, then I could delete each item in one, then the other,

and edit the items one by one in the phone and computer.

Also, is there a way to convert existing contacts from Verizon Cloud to

Google?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Use Contact Optimizer. I twill let you convert ALL of your contacts to Google at one time. Then Cloud has nothing to sync and you should be able to delete them from the cloud without reloading.  You can use that app and only load the ones you want to google, ot load them all, delete from the cloud, then go into Gmail and delete the ones you do not want as well and your contacts should remain clean

0 Likes