Swapping SIM card from Maxx to LG G2?
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

I currently have a Droid Maxx....have an LG G2 coming that I ordered.

When it arrives, can I simply move the sim over to the G2, or do I need to go online and do it also?

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swapping SIM card from Maxx to LG G2?
B33
Legend

Your new G2 should have a Card Pre-Installed it and all you'd have to do is power off your old phone and power on your new but in doing that you'd have to set it from scratch entering all your stuff from your old phone, but if the Card is the same SIZE  swapping it would make the set up go a little Quicker..

Before doing any of the above Make sure to fully charge your G2 and before you swamp out shut both phones off and do the swamp with care as Sim Card are very sensitive to Touch.! 

Good Luck and enjoy your Phone.. b33

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Your new G2 should have a Card Pre-Installed it and all you'd have to do is power off your old phone and power on your new but in doing that you'd have to set it from scratch entering all your stuff from your old phone, but if the Card is the same SIZE  swapping it would make the set up go a little Quicker..

Before doing any of the above Make sure to fully charge your G2 and before you swamp out shut both phones off and do the swamp with care as Sim Card are very sensitive to Touch.! 

wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, thanks....but since I ordered it from Amazon....it probably won't have the sim....so I'll swap it over when it arrives.

Thanks!

B33
Legend

Sounds Good.)  pass on through thread if you'd like how every goes when you get your phone.. let us know. b

wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

All worked well, but the sim is a different size so I had to go into the store.   Smiley Happy

Re: Re: Swapping SIM card from Maxx to LG G2?
B33
Legend

Well/////////    I wasn't exactly for sure the cards were the same Size was hoping I guess well it all good as you was able to get one and Glad it's working for ya.. Have a Good Christmas  b33

Not applicable

B33 wrote:

When I got my G2 in January yes It had the card pre-insalled but would never activate. when would only get so far then just hang. So after 3 attempts and 2 horus of wasted time I got fed up and used  SIM form my Lucid. I know the Lucid SIM doesn't have NFC abilities but I don't care at least it activated and didn't take but a few minutes.

B33
Legend

Yea as long as you can find one that works is all that matters, my first phone that had a pre-installed Sim card was my Droid Maxx, the one that was in my Moto X is now in my One m8 I wanted to keep the one that was already in it,  in it but the Rep at the store said it had to be swamped out for as to make the swap possible..

but it works and has since it was put in there, so can't gripe to much I guess b