Stratosphere won't connect to computer, factory reset didn't work.
jaa28209

In the beginning my phone connected to my computer without a problem and I was able to transfer pics and info. One random day it decided to not connect anymore (I assure you no settings were changed). A month later, after a day of plugging and unplugging the usb into my computer hoping something would happen, it finally took again. That was the last time it ever connected. It does still charge however, but my computer just doesn't recognize the device anymore. I've tried everything from the most simple and logical fixes by uninstalling and re-installing stuff on my computer and messing with every setting on the phone, to the more drastic fix by doing a factory reset last night. The result- it still doesn't connect. Took it in to my Verizon store (when this first started happening) and they couldn't get it to connect to their computer either, recommended the hard reset, and said that was the only other thing to try and if it doesn't work then my phone needs to be switched out for another. So...now what? Have there been any breakthroughs on this problem since then, or is it time to replace it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stratosphere won't connect to computer, factory reset didn't work.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jaa28209,

This issue is very strange! Specially because you have done a factory reset and the issue continues. Please ensure that you are following the instructions at this link http://is.gd/StratoUSBstorage and share results. Is your device within 1 year manufacturers' warranty? Do you have insurance on it? We can explore replacement options.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
jaa28209

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. On Tuesday I ended up taking it in and they ordered me a replacement phone. I picked up the replacement phone next day (Wed) on my way out of town, and passed a small Verizon store here so I had them switch it over for me. When I got to my house here I plugged it into my laptop, clicked the mass storage option, crossed my fingers, and it still says the device is not recognized. I looked at the link you provided, and that is how I use to be able to connect it. However, with this problem I can't even complete step 3 because there is no icon to click anymore or any sense that my phone is plugged into my computer other than the initial "pick an option" immediately after I plug it in. I just tried it on my Aunt's computer and hers does not recognize it either. It does still charge though. Now the predicament is, I am to return my old phone to the factory within 5 days (Sunday or Monday) which is probably before I can get back to my main Verizon store. My thoughts are that either this phone they gave me has the same problem and didn't realize it (it was a certified like-new phone), or the problem lies in the SIM or SD card, because those two cards are the only factor that has remained the same throughout this.

0 Likes
jaa28209

I forgot to say it is within the 1 year but just barely. I think I still have about 2 weeks left on it.

0 Likes
jaa28209

Problem Solved! 8 months, 8 visits to Verizon, 3 factory resets, 2 SD card re-formats, and a replacement phone later, and the problem was... -drum roll please- ...the wire. Apparently just because the wire can charge your phone doesn't mean that it's not the problem. Oh well, replaced the wire and we're good to go! Now time to start building my phone back up with all my apps and info.

0 Likes