Re: Stratosphere and Deleted Yahoo Email
Zenvio
Enthusiast - Level 3

At this point, I "just" need it to sync with my computer or any places where i read my emails... 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I know my Gmail account will mark emails as read between my two mobile devices. I believe it does as well when I view my emails on a computer. I can't be absolutely certain about that because I so rarely check my Gmail address on a computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Let's say you download K9 Mail from the Market (now called Google Play).

You enter the account information for Yahoo Mail when you first launch the program for incomming and outgoing server.

You can use the Menu Key to call up Settings. Select Settings. Select Account Settings. Select Fetching mail. There you will see two items that you'd want to configure:

1). Sync server deletions will remove messages from the phone when you delete them from the Yahoo account on the PC (or the "server". Check it.

2). When I delete a message: select "Delete from server". In this way, when you delete a message on your phone, it is deleted on the Server.

Sorry, I cannot tell you what to select in either the stock email client or the Gmail client. I don't use either for my important email (I still use the Gmail client for Gmail, I admit that). This comes from a lot of use and frustration getting these clients to do my bidding.

Hang in there.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be an option within your e-mail settings to have the e-mail deleted from the server when you delete it from the phone.  Or, you can set up your Yahoo/Hotmail accounts as an IMAP rather than POP account.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Zenvio~

Everyone has some great suggestions, but Yahoo has actually come out with a Google Play application that can be downloaded for Android devices to allow a better Yahoo Mail experience, more similar to Yahoo Mail on a computer. That way when you delete a message from yahoo.com, it also deletes it on the phone and vice verse. No searching for extra set up features on Android devices.

Just access the Google Play market and search "Yahoo" to find the Yahoo Mail application developed and supported by Yahoo to get started with Yahoo email on your Android.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Zenvio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, but  am not using yahoo anymore, only gmail. For some reason, when I delete a message on the phone or computer, it is not deflated on the other device (phone or computer).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Zenvio,

I love my Gmail account and how it syncs with all my devices including my computer and tablet. Please ensure that your Sync feature is on:
Tap on Gmail icon, then Menu, Settings, Select your Gmail account (if more thatn one), then under DATA USAGE make sure it says Gmail sync is ON. You can tap on it if it says Gmail sync is OFF and change it.

Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes