Stratosphere II display screen went black. Help?
youstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

The display screen on my Samsung Stratosphere II went black.  Phone still has sound and rings but I have no display screen.  Totally black.  Took out the battery, put it back in.  Nothing. Still black.  I didn't drop it, so I don't know what happened.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stratosphere II display screen went black. Help?
youstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Michelle, thanks for your reply.  I actually found my original receipt and had exactly 3 days left on the warranty!  Went to the Verizon store in the Fiesta Mall in Mesa, AZ and the guys there took care of everything for me.  They made all the necessary arrangements from the store while I was there and I'm getting a refurbished phone sent to me as we speak.  That's fine with me.  When I receive it, they said to come in and they will make sure everything transfers, and even do a back-up for me.  They were awesome!  Just recommended Verizon to a friend looking to dump AT&T.  I would have to say that I think going to a Verizon store is better than an outlet such as Best Buy.  The people at Best Buy are clueless.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like the Screen could of went south, How old is the phone.?

0 Likes
youstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

13 months old.  I went to the dog park and didn't have pockets so I stuck the phone in the waistband of my pants with the display side touching my skin.  That was only for 30 minutes.  I used a cell phone wipe to clean the screen but it still won't come back.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

With insurance you might be able to get a replacement as long as the screen doesn't have any damage) Call customer service if you have another Device have a Tech 1 Rep trouble shoot the issue and see if the Rep will let you talk to a Tear 2 to see if a replacement can be sent out to ya..

Here is the Numbers 1-800-922-0204   or *611 Via mobile  use Ext. 4 say you want to talk to a Representative..

Let me know what you find out..

0 Likes
youstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

No insurance and of course the warranty is only for one year and I'm at 13 months!  Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome.. Yup them Warranties run there course shorter than what they should.. you might call the manufacture and see how much it would cost for a replacement screen and it maybe something other that's causing the issue with the screen it's worth a shot to see..

Have a Good evening..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello youstarr,

I'm so sorry to hear about your phone screen! Let's try to get it working again. Since you've already tried removing your battery, I would suggest the "alternate hard reset" that does not require your phone to be turned on. The instructions can be found here: http://vz.to/1rr6uVe

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

youstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Michelle, thanks for your reply.  I actually found my original receipt and had exactly 3 days left on the warranty!  Went to the Verizon store in the Fiesta Mall in Mesa, AZ and the guys there took care of everything for me.  They made all the necessary arrangements from the store while I was there and I'm getting a refurbished phone sent to me as we speak.  That's fine with me.  When I receive it, they said to come in and they will make sure everything transfers, and even do a back-up for me.  They were awesome!  Just recommended Verizon to a friend looking to dump AT&T.  I would have to say that I think going to a Verizon store is better than an outlet such as Best Buy.  The people at Best Buy are clueless.

0 Likes