Stratosphere Broken Glass
mrav1072
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been researching this issue concerning the Stratosphere glass issue, since I got my phone a few weeks ago and woke up this morning with the bottom glass of the broken. Mind you it was on my nightstand charging all night, so was not dropped or even moved for that matter.  I am seeing through my research this is a known issue - since Verizon recommended this phone to me, has anyone had any luck getting Verizon or Samsung to be responsible for this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stratosphere Broken Glass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for visiting us to tell us about your  experience with your Stratosphere. I'm so sorry that you have experienced this inconvenience, mrav1072.
1. There must be NO other physical sign of external damage visible with the device
2. The outer screen must be smooth to the touch, with no external screen compromises
3. There should not be any indication of bleeding on the screen

If these apply to you, then we can replaced the phone for you. If other physical (including external glass crack) or liquid damage is found upon inspection of the device, they will be subject to Damage Device Fee of $299 which will be added to your bill.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrav1072
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually I found your response "amusing" at best.  I took the phone into the Verizon store I purchased it from and they examined it and they inspected the phone and found no other signs of damage, the glass was smooth and no bleeding on the screen and yet they told me I had to contact Samsung. (even though the phone was only 14 days old, they could/would not replace it, according to them).  So now my phone is with Samsung and they ordered a part that is temporarily unavailable so I have been without my lovely phone since the 13th of September for an indefinite amount of time.  So apparently they found an issue with the phone, as I knew they would,  that was not caused by me!  It's sad consumers are at the mercy of 2 companies that really could careless about Customer Service. 

0 Likes
Huntermulder

Have you heard anything else regarding this issue?  I just checked my stratosphere that I purchased for my new business, because I heard it chime like I had a message.  I look at the screen and it the bottom glass is cracked all the way in half!  I purchased online through Sam's Club...Do I take it back to Sam's Club?  Or do I have to take it to a Verizon dealer?  Ugghhh...I am not sure what I was thinking when I got this phone.  I have used the iPhone as my personal cellphone since they came out and have never had an issue or even cracked glass! 

0 Likes