Storage issue with Ellipsis 7
Rbpart4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Team -

I am a student who has the Verizon Ellipsis 7 also. I enjoy using the tablet. However, I am disappointed at the limitation to just a couple of gigs worth of space for apps as the device does not allow for installing apps on a SD card. I found out the hard way when I bought and installed a 32 gig external SD card for downloading books for school and music to listen to while reading on my breaks at work. Buying the SD card was a waste of money as it is virtually useless accept for storing pictures and music through USB. I don't take pictures with the tablet and my music is typically downloaded from an online music service that is unable to use external storage because of the Verizon programming limitation.

You mention in this string you are in the process to update the software that allows more control over the storage (Dec 30). Has this occurred? if not, when? To sell these tablets with this limitation and saying in stores just add a SD card is very misleading.

Please note my Samsung phone is capable of moving apps to the SD card.

Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storage issue with Ellipsis 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rbpart4, it saddens me to hear that the table you have purchased is not capable to do the functions you want it to do. I do apologize you are having issues transferring applications to your SD card. Have you tried downloading a 3rd part file explorer from the Play store to transferee your content?  Although applications on the tablet are not able to transfer to an SD card. Is there anything else that might be using up space you are able to get rid of?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

You'll need to get another tab. The LG gpad 10.1 isn't too expensive to do what you want to do. Sell yours keep Sim card and put it into the one you want

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This thread may be of assistance.

Important Note: Memory Management

0 Likes
Rbpart4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Team -

A 3rd party file program would only take up more room on the device and is useless for the the uses I stated in my original post. Why would Verizon bill this equipment in the manner it does when storage is really limited to just pictures and personal files?

What is the 3 gigs of "Misc items" on the device? My guess is a ridiculous amount system files that cannot be condensed. I know this is an industry thing but why is it the industry gets away with saying "This tablet or that tablet has X gigs." so misleading.

I guess next time I'll know to ask the question of specific storage and research more specifically the capabilities of a tablets storage, including storing applications and application "data" on the external space.

0 Likes
Rbpart4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, but this does not change the fact of not being able to use the space on the tablet and SD card as the Android system allows.  This is a forced device limitation.  The more I read about this the more I am inclined to remove the device from my plan and get a new one as tbo27 mentioned.

0 Likes
Rbpart4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  I will certainly be researching the options out there.

0 Likes
Skeletor3XW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Support   Why can't files be Transferred from internal memory to SD card? This is a Forced limitation and Want exact instructions for Devise Use As if I Can't control storage of Files I will Request A Full Refund For All Expenses Related to This Tablet And Getting A Different Android device. May even force me to switch Carriers this isn't the First issue with Verizon I am Having.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skeletor3XW@ We certainly want to see you happily enjoying your tablet. It is apparent this tablet does not have the space you are looking for. At this time I don’t have information available as to when an update will be available. I’m including a link so you can sign up for email alerts http://bit.ly/1j2JFsG . This will allow you to receive news about upcoming events including software updates. We offer a variety of tablets with features including storage listed. We are happy to review your account for possible options. If this is something you would like please meet us in Private via Facebook or Direct Message via Twitter. This will allow us to view your account in a secured environment.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes