How do I stop sending multimedia texts to peopke not in a text message

I send a black message to at least 20 people from my contact list 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stop multimedia texts
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure I understand your question.  If you are attaching a photo, sending emojis, sending a group text, using fancy fonts, etc - your text will be sent as a multimedia message (MMS). 

If you are part of a group sending or receiving messages, it will  be considered a multimedia message.

Can you clarify if you are the one sending or are you receiving unwanted MMS?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your messaging is working the way it should mscees. SuzyQ asked some great questions. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. When did the issue begin? What model phone are you using?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mscees

Hi and thank you fro your responses

I have a Samsung 5S

When I send a text me without any attachments it send a "multimedia" text to at least 20 people from my contact list that are not included in the message  as a matter of fact only one person is in the "to"

When I open the texts who have gone to those extra people there is no message bu its annoying Why is it doing that?  thanks

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's odd that sending to one person would send to 20 others.  Are you replying to a previous text from that person? 

What happens if you initiate a brand new text, and only add one contact to the TO: field?

0 Likes