Stolen phone tracking by Verizon?
pcm2a

I know that we cannot track a stolen phone if an app for this wasn't already installed.

I know that nothing can be tracked when the phone is off.

I know that Verizon is happy to block the ESN so no one can activate it.

What I want to know is, can Verizon instead of blocking the ESN just monitor for it to eventually be sold and activated by someone?  Once that someone activates it on a Verizon account, BAM, Verizon now knows the name and address of who has my wife's stolen phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stolen phone tracking by Verizon?
jmcuevas50

yes they can no one will be able to activate phone if is attached to your account.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you looked at 'Plan B' in the Google Play Store?

0 Likes
pcm2a

I hear 'Plan B' works good for birth control.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is an application from Lookout that tikibar1 is referring to.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pcm2a

I was being sarcastic.  If you read my first post you can see that phone is already stolen and I am interested in tracking it by allowing someone to use it.  If the phone is blacklisted then no one can use it and the person will never be caught.

I already use MyLookout on my phone but my wife had redone her phone and did not put it back on.  Talking about apps here is no relevant.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems as if you are unaware of how "Plan B" works. It is an app you can install on your phone remotely from a computer to track your phone "after" you have lost it, kind of your exact situation. Since Lookout is not on your phone, "Plan B" is an app by the same company for instances where phones do not have Lookout installed.