Stock Email Internal Error
V3user
Enthusiast - Level 3

The stock email app on my cell phone is set up to access my Verizon Yahoo email account. A few days ago, It stopped updating for new email. When I try to update it, I get Internal Error      Report. We're having the same issue on both of our Verizon cell phones. One is a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and the other is a Motorola Droid Turbo. I tried clearing the cache on the Motorola, but that didn't help. I saw something online about the device's database being corrupted and saying to clear all data and set the account up again. However, the fact that the issue is affecting both phones seems to suggest that it is not a device-specific database issue. I tried installing a free app that displays log info, but that didn't provide anything useful. Does anyone know what this issue is and how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stock Email Internal Error
bearone21
Legend

i get a message that login to yahoo has failed but i'm able to get into both webmail & the yahoo app.

my default email is cox.......why yahoo??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yahoo it seems likes to frequently reset or change the email server connection between devices and Yahoo. The quickest way to get up running again when you encounter sync issues with Yahoo or any other email account is to remove the email address from the phone either by removing it from the email application or clearing the data from the email application and then setting it up again.

You can also use the Yahoo application to access your email address. The application might automatically refresh the connection between the phone and the server which avoids you having to manually remove the email address from the phone whenever you have sync issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to get your email V3user. Ann154 suggested some great options for you to do. Here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s4-work-email/ are the instructions on how to remove your email on the Samsung S4. Here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118058/ are the instruction for the Turbo.
Have you decided if you were going to use the Yahoo application?
Keep me posted and let me know if following these steps help with your email.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Another option, and the one I use without issue is to have your Gmail account pull the Yahoo mail for you. It's been a while, so I don't remember the exact steps but I know you have to do it on the Gmail website.  I only use my Yahoo account for junk mail, so i don't know how sending through the app works, but I have had no problems on the receiving end.

JFHUFF819

Having the same problem on my AOL email account.  Internal error - REPORT

0 Likes