Still waiting for 4G service in WI
talaki3

Bought my Droid Bionic and Nexus four months ago.  I don't live in Milwaukee, so apparently I don't actually get 4G coverage?  The map on the website shows my entire city covered by 4G, but in reality, there are 4 blocks around each Verizon store that actually have any 4G reception.  The rest of this area of a quarter million people is covered by a couple bars of 3G at best.  When will the deception end?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Still waiting for 4G service in WI
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I appreciate the honesty of my sales rep when I was shopping for an Android device last year. He pretty much said I won't be able to use 4G in Wisconsin for a while (I'm not in Milwaukee either). I'm guessing you're in Madison, Appleton or Green Bay. I'm not sure how accurate the coverage map is, as I didn't choose a 4G phone.

0 Likes
talaki3

Kenosha, actually.  I'm halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, an hour drive to downtown in either city.  When I take the phone to the store, they tell me to pull the battery.  When I call Verizon, they tell me they will file a trouble ticket.  Neither of those has proven to be a reliable solution.

Had my rep been as honest as yours, I would have bought an iPhone.  They sold me on 4G.

0 Likes
onstedd

Any chance you're a former subscriber to a system bought by Verizon?  We WERE with Alltel down here in Florida when Verizon bought them out.  Long after we converted from our "old" Alltel minute plan over to VZ's, they still had us on their system as Alltel transfers and restricted our access to VZ's towers.  Discovered that when buying my first 3G phone and our store personnel couldn't figure out why we couldn't get reliable data service.  Turned out our lines were still "flagged" as an Alltel plan.  Three buttons on their store keyboards and a *228 call, and our data coverage mirrored the maps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Afternoon talaki3,

I appreciate your interest in taking advantage of 4G in your home area. Although we don't have specific information available for the area, we are constantly expanding our coverage. Thank you for your patience.

http://bit.ly/doF7iQ

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes