Still getting Messaging notifications after switching to 3rd party app and turning Messaging notifications off
zephyr86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD.  Using Google Hangouts to handle SMS.  I turned off Notifications in the stock Messaging app's settings, but I'm still getting a notification from Messaging in the stock Circles widget every time I get a text message.  This is annoying because I can go into Hangouts and respond to the text but I still have the notification sitting on my homescreen inside that widget and I have to manually clear it out every time.

Any ideas???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still getting Messaging notifications after switching to 3rd party app and turning Messaging notifications off
zephyr86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind.  I found it in the CIRCLE WIDGET settings by swiping down on the third circle (battery).  My texts still appear in Messaging app if I open it (for whatever reason) but I don't have to deal with that notification anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Still getting Messaging notifications after switching to 3rd party app and turning Messaging notifications off
zephyr86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind.  I found it in the CIRCLE WIDGET settings by swiping down on the third circle (battery).  My texts still appear in Messaging app if I open it (for whatever reason) but I don't have to deal with that notification anymore.

0 Likes