Enthusiast - Level 1

When checking "System Updates" on my Droid Maxx I see the following:

System update available. Select to continue with update

Last System Update Information

Version

19.6.3.en.US

Status

Install Deferred

When I "Select to continue with update" I see the message "Checking for available update..." Then it says my device's software is up to date.

Question #1: Is it up to date?

Question #2: How do I clear these messages if they are in error.

I'm not sure how long it's been in this state. I performed a factory reset a couple of weeks ago—a couple of days after receiving an update.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Status: install deferred
Klue
Master - Level 1

Those messages are no more than a calendar of events of your past download update statuses. I have two messages on my S4 phone, the bottom one in the panel is a message indicating the date, time and update number that I deferred the update.  The top one in the panel is another message indicating I had a successful update on such and such date and time. When and if I get another update opportunity and install it the bottom (deferred) message will go away.

I have 4 updates to this phone and a number of deferrals and only the last two events are logged. I do not believe there is a way to get rid of the messages. I like them as it gives me last history of updates and it doesn't take up any space on the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jstevenmoore.

This is really strange to see considering the software version listed is up to date. If your phone is continuing to prompt you for an update, please try to factory reset your device to clear this message.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Asculto
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue. Version 19.6.3.obkae-maxx.Verizon.en.US Why does every suggestion for a problem (see random keyboard issue. etc.) revert to do a "Factory Reset"? Come on there has to be a better answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Asculto,

I definitely understand wanting to have a better answer to your question. However, if this message is not going away the only way to clear it out is a Factory Reset. I am sorry if this is not the answer you were looking to hear.

KarenC_VZW
Folllow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wattmj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Perhaps if we could get a backline tech to review, we'd get a better answer.

I am seeing this as well--I was previously on a soak build (authorized, not sideloaded or root/ROM) and was downgraded to 4.4 by the OTA in May.  Since then, I continue to see the same problem above.

Can we get a backline analyst skilled in Motorola or just Android to review?  The status is a push status, I assume--so is this a checksum or does it have a stale status because of a prior build?

citizen127
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, that's a crappy answer.  Most people don't have the time to do a factory reset every time there's a glitch.

0 Likes
droiduser32

I am having the same show up! I have had 4 refurbished Droid MAXX from Verizon and every one has had software and internal problems.

0 Likes
gofuzzyourself

I am having the same issue on my Droid Maxx now. Is the factory reset option still what I should do?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

DO NOT do a Factory Data Reset for this issue. IT is extreme.  Use the Cache Wipe first and always before going to the extreme of an FDR. A cache wipe will clear out any old version debris and old code and works for 95% of the issues people are told to do a FDR on.  Try it first, you have nothing to lose, and a ton of headache to save.

0 Likes
gofuzzyourself

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work, I still get the same

message. Any other ideas? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.

0 Likes