Re: Sprint will now lease you an LG G3 for $15 a month, Galaxy Note 4 for $25
Snn5
Legend

anon_0001 wrote:

Snn5 wrote:

Wait, isn't that what people do with the Edge plan anyway?  Don't they just pay up to $600 total or $450 (75%) for the phones that run $25 a month?  Yeah, they can keep their 2 year old outdated phone at that point I guess, but most folks would rather pay 50% of a phones cost and keep getting new phones than to pay 75%-100% since most folks trade tech like they trade cars.

It depends on how you define "outdated" As long as the phone works and does what the person wants/needs it's not "outdated" to them. There's no reason why a top end phone bought in 2015 can't work just fine for 4 years. The newer phone will support Advanced Calling, wi-fi calling, carrier aggregation, Band 2. The only new things they won't support is band 5 or 600 MHz nether of which won't be deployed until late 2019 early 2020 at the earliest.

As I said earlier, not all people consider the what ifs of the future when they buy a phone in the present.  Who knows what features will actually come to fruition 5 years from now.  Take a look around at the wireless industry and the changes just in the past year alone.  Carriers come and go and buy each other and merge and close shop and all that.  Not many folks are considering what mhz or band they will be using.  Maybe most people don't get that in-depth when they choose a phone or carrier.

0 Likes
Not applicable

My point is that a smartphone bought now is going to not be outdated in 2 years. YOU made that assumption.

Yeah, they can keep their 2 year old outdated phone at that point I guess

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Why would someone lease a phone if they wanted to keep it forever?  Because it would fall behind the tech curve.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Grand scheme of things... Mobile phones have flatlined in terms of technology. Things have gotten slightly better but nothing truly bleeding edge where there had been any real advancement. Everything in our phones have been around long before the year 2000 in most cases. The screen tech has been on TVs they just needed to find out to make it smaller.

Sadly everything nowadays is all marketing.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Tidbits, Ann154MikeyWadeSnn5Klue   Some excellent comments and Ann I agree...Never, it's a no deal for me. However I think a lot of people will not really think this out and buy into it.

pajlex12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why are we being subject to spam on our signed in account?? This is a tacky and invasive tactic and a sure sign of a seedy operation. I have used Sprint and they have spotty service in places like Miami, FL, Manhattan, NY, and Las Vegas. (nothing remote)  Since I've been with Verizon for several years, I have never lost a call and we are always connected. Sure it cost a little more but, reliable service is worth more than unlimited data on some passé' 4 G Network. As for customer service...Verizon still gives the best. Sprint customer service sounds like the employees are very unhappy or undertrained. After reading this spam, the lack of training is even more obvious. Thanks for many years of reliable service and great customer care Verizon. I look forward to my upgrade soon.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I have one phone still on a Sprint account. Last summer I was in with a question and the CSR gave me the impression he could care less about customers. Sprint service in my area in the past 5 years was good but not any more.

0 Likes