Sprint will now lease you an LG G3 for $15 a month, Galaxy Note 4 for $25
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The deal may sound good but how good will that service really be?  Verizon may not have great customer service and lower prices but then again which carrier really does?

Sprint will now lease you an LG G3 for $15 a month, Galaxy Note 4 for $25 | Android Central

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sprint will now lease you an LG G3 for $15 a month, Galaxy Note 4 for $25
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

I would like to add the fact that it's a lease, not to own.  At the end of the 24 months, if it lasts you that long.

Klue
Master - Level 1

In my state Sprint and T-Mobile's service is horrible.  Get off the freeways or outside city limits and the service is dead.

Tidbits
Legend

MikeyWade wrote:

I would like to add the fact that it's a lease, not to own.  At the end of the 24 months, if it lasts you that long.

That right there is the gotcha.  So it'll cost $360 to lease the G3, and you have to return it and pick another device after 2 years in order to continue service.  Seems like a trap to me.

Snn5
Legend

Wait, isn't that what people do with the Edge plan anyway?  Don't they just pay up to $600 total or $450 (75%) for the phones that run $25 a month?  Yeah, they can keep their 2 year old outdated phone at that point I guess, but most folks would rather pay 50% of a phones cost and keep getting new phones than to pay 75%-100% since most folks trade tech like they trade cars.

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Well, the thing with edge is you get a choice.  With the line access discounts you get, you could come out cheaper just paying the device for the 2 years, or you could just edge up and get a new device if you prefer it.  With T-Mobile you just pay $15 for the phone every month.  If you keep it for the two years, you keep paying for it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Snn5 wrote:

Wait, isn't that what people do with the Edge plan anyway?  Don't they just pay up to $600 total or $450 (75%) for the phones that run $25 a month?  Yeah, they can keep their 2 year old outdated phone at that point I guess, but most folks would rather pay 50% of a phones cost and keep getting new phones than to pay 75%-100% since most folks trade tech like they trade cars.

To add there is no way to opt out.  You are stuck.  What if you decide you want to keep the phone past 2 years.  You are forced to keep paying for a lease.  Even at the end of the terms you can still sell your device for possibly up to $200-250 even if it is "outdated"  So in essence it'll run the same price in the grand scheme of things.  I sell so many devices per year(also get an equal number).

So basically if you want to keep the device you still have to pay full retail, and you have to LEASE a new device while under this program.  So there is no real incentive but to cancel and change carriers if you don't want to lose your number.  There needs to be an opt out.  Not everyone want to swap devices every 2 years.  I know a lot of people still sporting S2s and S3s even though they are able to get contracts or payment plans. 

from what the Sprint SVoM:

Turn in the currently leased LG G3 or Galaxy Note 4 and lease another phone with zero down at signing Purchase the leased device Continue leasing on a month-to-month basis Return the device in good working condition and terminate service when the lease ends "Sprint Lease gives customers an affordable option to acquire LG G3 or Galaxy Note 4,

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That looks like less of a deal then leasing a car. Both of which will never work for me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

This sounds awful.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Snn5 wrote:

It depends on how you define "outdated" As long as the phone works and does what the person wants/needs it's not "outdated" to them. There's no reason why a top end phone bought in 2015 can't work just fine for 4 years. The newer phone will support Advanced Calling, wi-fi calling, carrier aggregation, Band 2. The only new things they won't support is band 5 or 600 MHz nether of which won't be deployed until late 2019 early 2020 at the earliest.

0 Likes