Spam Apps - Help Get Them Off of My Cell!!!
carrre07
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting these raunchy apps on my Android Motorola Pro. They just started appearing last month (Feb 2012) and I have no idea if I'm getting charged for them, or how to get them to stop appearing in my notification bar as an "app download" looking type of notification. Their icon in the notification bar is either a green star or a green triangle or shape...mainly the green star, though. PLEASE somebody, help me figure out how to stop receiving these. I haven't added anything new to my phone to start recieving them, they just came out of nowhere. They are called, "Who Will You Marry" or "Dating for Adults", etc. This is sketch, Verizon...very sketchy. HELP ME, PLEASE! They appear in my window about 2-3 times a day with a different "app" to download. I can't unsubscribe or anything. I just keep hitting the red "delete" circle in my notifications so that I never have to open them up.

Labels (1)
Re: Spam Apps - Help Get Them Off of My Cell!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the Air Push ads. They usually come from an application that you installed. Did you install an application shortly before this started?

I believe there are some applications available from the Play Store (formerly Android Market) that can be used to detect the permission.

Search for Air push detector.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carrre07
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! I downloaded "addons detector" and after the scan, it showed me which apps were run by "airpush" or "admod", etc. So, I just went into my apps and deleted those. I think it was my Pinterest app because now I remember uploading it about a month ago... hmmm....

Anyways, If this doesn't work then I'll be back on here seeking more advice...but for now, thanks!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you really want the app, but not the ads, there are blockers in the Market Play Store.  I have one app on my phone that uses airpush ads so I installed airblock, ran it, then uninstalled it and haven't had a problem since.