Sounds still come through in Priority Mode with Downtime
Snn5
Legend

My phone stays in normal "Sound" profile/mode all day from 6am-9pm. I have Downtime set from say 9pm-6am Sun-Sat.  I have my Favorites as the only contacts that are to make notification sounds when a call or text comes from them.  However, Downtime works, in that Priority Mode activates at 9pm and deactivates at 6am, but text sounds still come through during that Priority Downtime period from any contact or source.  It's almost like Downtime sets the Priority Star icon, then forgets it's supposed to NOT interrupt unless it's a Favorite Contact calling/texting.

To be fair, when the G2 upgraded from JB to KK, Quiet Time (as it was known then) became quite unreliable.  IDK if this is a hold-over from KK to LP in regards to Downtime/Quiet Time issues.

Sidenote:  I have also noticed that Alarms do not sound if Music is playing at the time the Alarm is set to sound.

OS 5.0.2

VS98039A

Screenshot_2015-08-07-08-11-48.png

I know this should be easy, but for some reason either I can't figure this out or the combination of set features is working against itself.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sounds still come through in Priority Mode with Downtime
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps someone with any knowledge of how Priority mode works could assist.  Doesn't have to be necessarily an LG G2.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Of course, Verizon had no idea what I was talking about, and it could have been the fact that the rep was an iPhone user and was trying to use the emulator on screen to troubleshoot my phone.  I maintain it's a common sense process, for which obviously, I lack.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I haven't used that feature myself, but just a thought- if that's a feature of the phone itself are you using the stock messaging app, or a 3rd party? I wonder if that may have something to do with it. Also did you ask to be transferred to tech support? They're a little more knowledgable than the front line, and usually hate iPhones from what I've seen. Ha

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Tech support for Prepaid is about nill.  However, Priority Mode is standard on all Android phones running Lollipop 5.+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how frustrating it can be when you experience difficulties with your phone Snn5. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. Has the priority mode ever worked successfully on your device? When did you start experiencing difficulites? I understand you have it scheduled to not receive text messages during the priority mode time frame. Are you using a third party messaging app? Also, we want to ensure your alarm clock is working properly. Can you try going to Settings<sounds and notifications<apps<select the alarm clock<then enable it by adding the check mark by that option. This will allow that application to take priority over the silent mode selection without interruptions.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

I understand how frustrating it can be when you experience difficulties with your phone Snn5. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. Has the priority mode ever worked successfully on your device?

Yes and no.  Quiet Time did work, then KK updated from JB and QT was unreliable as far as auto-enabling.  KK updated to LP  and QT/DT (quiet time and downtime) auto-enables fine.

When did you start experiencing difficulites?

Essentially in 4.4.2 it was fine, in 4.4.2 the problems started, in 5.0.2 they continued.

I understand you have it scheduled to not receive text messages during the priority mode time frame.

Incorrect.  I have Favorite Contacts as priority, so those messages and calls are supposed to come through.

Are you using a third party messaging app?

Stock message app.

Also, we want to ensure your alarm clock is working properly. Can you try going to Settings<sounds and notifications<apps<select the alarm clock<then enable it by adding the check mark by that option. This will allow that application to take priority over the silent mode selection without interruptions.

Alarm is not part of the issue, however it works fine.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snn5 We appreicate you providing this helpful information for us. We're not showing this is a known issue so we'd like to try some basic troubleshooting. First, try placing the device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1gcEUJX. Then, tell us if you're noticing the same issue.

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Correct, I have also cleared all app cache from storage, and tried Safe Mode and left settings as they are for the remainder of the night.  Same outcome.  I imagine the phone has been factory reset some 7-8 times over the past 6 months, each time I did not back up or restore user settings or app data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snn5 Thank you so much for trying these steps! We definitely want you to have a working phone. Is there any physcial or moisture damage to the phone? If not, you'll want to look into a warranty replacement option. At this time we have completed the troubleshooting steps.
SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes