Sony xperia z3v no longer listed on Verizon
Mossrock

I'm still waiting for the lollipop update, I'm not sure if this phone will get it. I noticed the Sony z3v is no longer listed on Verizon's site!  I just bought this 7 months ago!  Unreal. The phone seemed to have great reviews.. .What gives ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sony xperia z3v no longer listed on Verizon
mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon may be the last refuge for Sony Xperia fans.  The next phone is due out soon, so possibly Verizon is clearing the way for the new phone.  I gather this will be labeled the Z5 .  (I think Z3+ was the GSM version only)

0 Likes
aggienitewing
Enthusiast - Level 2

mama23dogs the new phone is called the Z4V. Its been announced. I heard that the update of that phone will be within a month. Verizon doesnt want 5.0 to ruin the phone like samsung and lg. Also Sony doesnt have many carriers that believe in it so the dont want the update to come out and it be so buggy that verizon stop carrying their product.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I know ATT stopped carrying Sony. Yet Sony still has a market...

On Jul 21, 2015 10:17 PM, "Verizon Wireless Community" <

0 Likes
israelm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was looking at that phone as well to upgrade to. The phone was there a few days ago and now its gone. Guess they wanted to get rid of all their Z3 product and put up the Z4

0 Likes
DaveOpolis
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's sad that the update that has been pushed out to other Z3 devices have run into little to no issues yet the push to the Z3V has been met with Verizon doing what they do best...installing their own software to increase revenue. I'm still waiting on the update and after they stopped replying to me on twitter, customer chat, and phone support...I would have to say that they don't really care to update their devices. How sad is it...that with a phone as great as the Z3V you can't even call someone and use data at the same time. Pathetic. Can't win East Coast. Either great coverage or great usability. Can't get both.

firstspeed

Verizon informed me that they dont have  relaease date yet.

0 Likes
SanRafaelDad
Enthusiast - Level 3

The long and short of it is that Sony is updating the Lollipop to 5.1 for all carriers even those who don't still sell their phones.  That is pretty good service. 

Regarding the new Sony Z4V, it was announced by Verizon and Sony and Sony's site briefly said it would launch August 13th. 

Since then, it has been crickets.

I suspect that because the Z5 is launching very soon, possibly as early as September, that Verizon and Sony decided to cancel the Z4V and instead launch a Z5 (my hope) or launch a Z5V which is a Verizon mandated modified Z5 which may mess up the nice Z5 design and would certainly delay it. 

I do believe that Sony and Verizon are committed to working together and that we will see a Sony phone available on Verizon soon.  I sure hope so as it is what I am waiting to buy.

0 Likes
jr1961
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having spent hours on the phone with both Verizon and Sony, my guess as to why this phone was taken down from the website was because of the overheating issue when using the camera or video recorder. Sony has admitted it has a serious issue with this phone overheating, but so far has no fix. Sony also has no software support for this phone. They say it is all up to Verizon to fix. I am on my third phone for the overheating issue. Verizon says all they can do is send me phones when I call them. I am not talking that this phone gets a little warm. I am talking that you have to have a towel handy so you will not get burned. Thank goodness the application shuts down when it gets blazing hot. Watch the You Tube Video on this phone on how hot it gets. It is amazing. Again, this is a guess on my part. I mentioned to Sony and Verizon both why they took the phone off their website after only a few months, and neither one gave me an answer. Lollipop may fix this issue but Verizon will not send the update out (yet). I will never have another Sony product of any kind after this.

0 Likes