Sony Xperia Z3v sending duplicate text messages!
Shannonks17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my Xperia for about a month now and have been told by friends and family that they keep receiving duplicate messages. Does anyone else have this issue? I was on 3rd party sms apps but now back to stock app and it still happens. I have read other threads that say to turn off stamina mode which I did try and that only worked for a day the most. This is a really annoying issue, has anyone found a solution?

-Shannon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sony Xperia Z3v sending duplicate text messages!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want your friends to be annoyed any longer. It appears we need to open up a case for  you since the Stamia mode isn't working any longer. From what I understand, that was a temporary resolution.

Do you know if dupicates go to all recepients?

Did it also happen with the 3rd party app?

TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shannonks17
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does not happen to all recipients, but mostly to the people I text the

most. It happens in any type of texting app I have used, but right now I am

stinking to the stock sony app and yet it is still sending duplicates.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification.
Sorry to see this is still an issue. I will need to go ahead and open a ticket for you for further investigation.I have just sent a private message to you so I can request some information from you.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amazzotta
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am also having this issue along with receiving texts from others out of order. No one else seems to have issues with their texts being received out of order or later than sent, but I seem to have this issue as well as duplicates being sent (and received) to some people. Has this been resolved? I also have the phone in stamina mode all the time, but I have my text app (Textra) as one of the exceptions such that data is allowed to go out and come in while the phone is locked.

I have had this issue with the native android text app, the verizon specific text app, and the 3rd party app Textra, so I don't think it is app related.

Sometimes when I have issues with my Xperia Z3v I will restart it and it will fix most issues but not this one.

Please advise

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying additional text apps to try to narrow this down.

At this time, I don't have any additional details to provide with the issue(s) you are having.

Please look out for a direct message from me. I want to get more details from you to provide to the softrware team as well as Sony.

TamaraH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello amazzotta,

I understnad your concern with the duplicate text messages. Thank you for taking  excellent steps to get this issue resolved. Your troubleshooting is very impressive. Being in stamina mode can attirbute to the duplicate text issue. I suggest that you turn off stamina mode then use the native text application to retest. Keep us posted on this concern. 

MarcusG_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shannonks17
Enthusiast - Level 1

How long before we hear a response? This duplicate text messaging is becoming fairly annoying and I would like to switch my device all together. Is this an option for me? This is obviously a software defect that sony is having and since this issues is also happening with other users I don't want to waste my time with another sony xperia and would rather try another phone such as a galaxy, iphone, etc.

-Shannon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shannonks17,

I completely understand how frustrating this has been, and I appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this. I see we reached out to you in a direct message to file a ticket regarding this issues. Please provide the ticket number so I can access and review the ticket.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
JOHHIE63

I have the same response and would love to get help fixing it. For me it's only receiving repeated text msgs from others when I turn on my data or wifi. I leave these both off unless I need them.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes