Re: Sony Xperia Z3v Multiple Texts Sent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Therabbitssing and other community members,

We definitely want to get your duplicate text message issue resolved! Please try turning off the Stamina Mode in battery settings to the duplicate SMS issue he was experiencing.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Therabbitssing,

Oh no! I thought that we had the issue resolved. Did you turn the device off/on after turning off Stamina Mode? Did the duplicate messages still occur with just one contact or all contacts?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
Slaukor

Sadly turning off stamina mode does not always Fix the issue. Few of us in this thread have tried that already. Along with rebooting phone afterwards. Hopefully sony will be pushing an update soon to Verizon to correct the issue.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote -

>img

>

>A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

>    

>Sony Xperia Z3v Multiple Texts Sent

>created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Android - View the full discussion

>                 

>Hi Therabbitssing and other community members,

>

>We definitely want to get your duplicate text message issue resolved! Please try turning off the Stamina Mode in battery settings to the duplicate SMS issue he was experiencing.

>

>Thanks,

>PamelaF_VZW

>Tweet us @vzwsupport

>

>Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

>

>Start a new discussion in Android by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

>© 2014 Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa. We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

>about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

>

>

0 Likes
therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pamela,

It happened with multiple contacts. I tried rebooting the phone again after turning off Stamina mode.  Hopefully it does it this time around.  Is there a fix for this coming that you know of?

Was turning off Stamina mode suggested by Verizon/Sony?

0 Likes
therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pamela,

Any word on our replies? Was just wondering.

0 Likes
RDSN34
Enthusiast - Level 1

Disabling the stock messaging app and hangouts seems to have solved the issue for me.

I was constantly sending out triples,particularly when the phone flips between 4G and 3G, until I disabled the stock messaging app. Then I was sending out doubles. I went back and disabled hangouts and issue seems to be nonexistent now. However, I'm not sure if later side effects will appear due to those apps being disabled.

therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like VZW has given up on this discussion....

0 Likes
rugerguy49548
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly prolly won't have much support for this phone either

westfall60

So this issues has mysteriously gone quite over the last couple days.  I know its the holidays but this is a major problem, does that mean its been resolved?  Or is the support for the Sony Z3v already going south?  I was hoping to pick this phone up today but I'm very concerned, not so much the problem but the total lack of support by Verizon on this issue if it still is an issue.

I traded in my Nokia Icon because of the lack of support and updates for the phone.  I don't want to get in that boat again.

0 Likes
RDSN34
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue has not resurfaced for me.

0 Likes