Sony Xperia Z3
nicholasusmc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay i have a samsung galaxy note 2, yes its old, anyway time to get a new one. heres my problem, i am picky tech guy who wants certain features and a certain style and size. the Z3 is going to fit the bill. again there is no cdma on sony products and it doesn't look like there will be. in addition, i have heard that verizon is switching everything to VoLTE which will eliminate this problem, and i also heard that verizon will be carrying this phone but i see it on t-mobiles site, and no word from vzw. so should i wait and see if VoLTE comes in a timely manner or what should i do, cause i really hate all the phones that are CDMA in the store and all over the market. also i tweeted @VZsupport and they told me that i could activate an xperia but i didnt specify which product and i didnt ask about he CDMA thing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sony Xperia Z3
Tidbits
Legend

Rumor is it is coming with CDMA Z3V moniker.  I believe the device will not fully support VoLTE until Europe rolls out VoLTE.

The GSM version without VoLTE will never work on Verizon.  Chances are even with VoLTE support it still may not support Verizon depending on how the spectrum for LTE are done.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Rumor is it is coming with CDMA Z3V moniker.  I believe the device will not fully support VoLTE until Europe rolls out VoLTE.

The GSM version without VoLTE will never work on Verizon.  Chances are even with VoLTE support it still may not support Verizon depending on how the spectrum for LTE are done.

0 Likes
nicholasusmc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wonder what the time line is on all this. there is zero word of it on the web that i could find.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No one knows.  I don't like Sony because the fact they delay releases for North America.  On average every version of their devices being sold is 5+ months.  So assuming that then we'll have to wait until January before we even see the unlocked versions being sold.  I prefer buying straight from the manufacturer and not carrier branded ones if I can help it.

0 Likes
nicholasusmc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do too, however, i am really loving the size and all the specs of this sony phone. i think i saw something about it being in canada or will be really soon. and an entire article about it coming here first this time. all rumors obviously, thanks for the help. maybe VZ support will tell us something valuable here about the future other wise i might have to regrettably switch, that would suck but i have to like what i put in my pocket for a couple years.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I like how Sony says NA numbers are terrible compared to their European numbers...

I think they fail to realize...  NA people are importing because WE have to wait 5+ months to buy the devices.  So our sales are going overseas and padding their numbers.

0 Likes
nicholasusmc
Enthusiast - Level 2

thats interesting, never thought about that before. I was almost tempted to buy a couple phones, and then i did my research about verizon and thats when my dreams were crushed. i really wanted one plus one.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

OnePlus One is hype

This is what people failed to realize about that price.

It will suffer in customer service and supply. They went with the invite system because they couldn't meet demand otherwise instead of saying. We can't order enough at this price to ensure everyone can get enough. Also they need to sell out every time n order to produce more. Unlike the higher price point they can sell 30% of the supply and break even in most cases and if they exceed supply they can easily ramp up because they have 60-70% more capital to do so. Also they would have more than enough for exchanges if devices don't pan out. You should look at OnePlus horror stories about support for faulty devices.

There's a whole lot of gray area and it isn't an easy balance.

0 Likes
nicholasusmc
Enthusiast - Level 2

good to know, but VZW isnt going to get it anytime soon so no worries on my part.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I don't think OnePlus will be around in the long run.  They overhyped and couldn't meet demand.  They have to increase their prices or find a major financial backer willing to take a huge risk.

I think right now the devices that have my interest and thinking about owning(I am beta testing them) I can't tell you what they are.  They are pretty promising and there is word going through the program that the devices might get canned sadly Smiley Sad

0 Likes