Sony Xperia Z2 for Verizon?
mwilkinson1991
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Sony Xperia Z2 has made a serious impact at MWC 2014 and now it is time for it to make its way to the States.  Previously a T-mobile exclusive, the new smartphone from Sony is exactly what Verizon needs.  For many who have fallen off the iphone bandwagon or are simply unimpressed by the other flagship phone releases, the Xperia Z2 is the upgrade they've been waiting for.

Verizon, please bring this phone to your customers!

Labels (1)
Re: Sony Xperia Z2 for Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No one knows on this peer to peer customer forum if that phone will ever be released on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
info4u
Contributor - Level 1

I don't think the OP was asking when/if it would be released on Verizon, but is a requres in a hopes to sturr up conversation about the phone in the fourms to get Verizons attention to see about getting them to talk to Sony and get it going to get the Z2 on the Network.

So really it is a post to stir up conversation on it, get the verizon customers excited for it, to make a point to verizon that we want it. Like a big family the oldest kid wanting a specific video game and the mom/dad saying no to just them, but if all the kids want the game it is much harder to say no to.

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

I agree. I would like to see this device on Verizon.I'm ditching my tired iphone 5, and the only Android device I would consider purchasing is the Xperia z2. My other choice was the Nexus 5, however Verizon is pretty much the only carrier that doesnt support it (go figure). & I do not want the s5!!!

0 Likes
info4u
Contributor - Level 1

I would love to be able to get the Z2, it would be a fantastic device on verizon service. But I really don't know if they would get it. 😕

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sony has stopped making CDMA phones including overseas that I remember.  I think it's personal choice on Sony's part.

0 Likes
livendive
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cracked the screen on my Galaxy S3 last week, and even though it's insured, I'm hesitating on dropping a $100 deductible on a 2 year old device that's starting to show its age in both battery life and memory lag.  The S4 and S5 are pretty underwhelming, and the new HTC One (M8) isn't even officially announced yet, so the Xperia Z2 is by far the most attractive possibility.  Of course we all know Verizon likes to drag their feet on some devices (compared to other providers)and completely skip some top shelf devices, but http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-Sirius-Z2-and-a-new-Sony-tablet-appear-at-the-FCC-US-LTE-... has me hopeful that we'll see the Z2 here pretty soon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Not going to happen...

There is NO CDMA radio...  That's what IS important in order for it to come to Verizon...

0 Likes
Phoenixcat

It's true that we might not see this LTE-only device, since there is no VoLTE (so we wouldn't be able to actually make phone calls). However, this will change later in the year.

In the future: http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/150068-verizon-plans-to-drop-cdma-from-phones-in-2014-in-favor-of-...

0 Likes
UltimateViper
Enthusiast - Level 2

The carrier that beings this to the US will be my next carrier period. I don't want an Apple, Samsung and I am tired of Motorola. I want a smartphone so smart that its an Ultraphone! With that being said I was told to keep an eye on their device line up because an announcement should be soon about a new phone coming to Verizon!