Re: Sony Xperia Z on Verizon
sunny8P
Enthusiast - Level 1

XPERIA ALL DAY

AnalogJunkie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, in fact i created an account just to add another voice here. VERIZON!! YOU NEED BETTER PHONES!! This Xperia Z would be a great start!!

NMBuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going to jump on this bandwagon.  I spend a lot of time around water, and this is the best water-resistant phone on the market.  I can update my phone Mar 10, and my contract ends in July.  I will have the phone, even if I have to leave Verizon after 8 years.  It just offers too many benefits that offset the coverage Verizon provides.

0 Likes
Caelia
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like I might have to change my service provier! Verizon, if you don't carry this phone when this come out that is what I am going to be forced to do. My contact is up so it's time for an up grade! Also, my fiance is in construction and needs the Sony Xperia Z, with its gorrilla glass and being dust and water resistant!

0 Likes
vzw_dolphin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that the Sony Xperia Z has been (going) on sale in Europe/Asia there have been several good reviews. My primary concern was call quality including volume, accuracy, and clarity when listening to people during a call as well as how well you can be understood by those you are talking to. The reviews seem split on this, so for me this will definitely be a situation where seeing for yourself and testing in store or a friend's Xperia Z will be needed. The camera seems to be quite good, certainly a night and day improvement over my HTC Thunderbolt. The other area that matters to me is audio quality in terms of  listening to music on earphones. This is another area where you will have to test for yourself, but the reviews do seem promising in this regard as well. There is also the not waterproof Xperia ZL that will be interesting to take a look at. Coming next month the Samsung S4, Blackberry Z10, and on every carrier except Verizon the HTC One. So lots of good things to  consider. Please read the article(s) noted below about Qualcomm's new chip which could be in the next iPhone.

Xperia Z Reviews can be found on - pocket-lint , gsmarena , TechRadar , asia cnet, uk cnet

There has been some discussion regarding switching carriers because the Xperia Z will likely never be available on Verizon. I personally would not switch carriers just because of a specific phone, although two or three years waiting for the iPhone was too much. However when you add other things up in addition to less selection, higher prices, tradeoffs on features, and last but not least unethical business practices: forgetting to mention that Verizon would feel free to charge full price for any phone when you upgrade after two years while retaining your  "grandfathered  unlimited" plan which it did not do when you signed up for your Unlimited plan in the first place, altogether these are reasons to consider switching.

Dishonest - To behave in an untrustworthy way. To mislead or cheat.

Cheat - To trick or deceive.

In the event you are considering what your options are here are some resources to help you make an informed decision. For most people I would think ATT is the best of the alternatives, and by the way ATT has not pulled this pay $700 - $800 every two years for a new phone if you want to keep your unlimited data plan on ATT. Of course ATT is probably just waiting to see if Verizon gets away with it. For me this crosses a line, and even though I know I will take a hit in coverage and service, the only way to put a stop to this is to stop doing business with a company when it does this to you. In the event URLs are not permitted on this forum I am just including names that you can Google to get to these sites.

Accurate Coverage Maps - Rootmetrics , and then click on Compare Carriers

First Hand Accounts Re Coverage - CellReception , deadzones 

This May Be Worth Waiting For - "Qualcomm's New Chip Affects Apple and Samsung " (article posted 2/22/2013 on Fool.com) "Qualcomm's Global LTE Chip could Help End iPhone Fragmentation" (article posted 2/22/2013 Ars Technica, as well as articles on The Inquirer )

ATT is not sitting still - "Surprise AT&T's network got very good" (you can find this article dated 1/9/2012 on Money CNN) , Tower Upgrades - ATT Focus (att networkimprovements). "GM Switches to AT&T from Verizon for OnStar Wireless Service" (you can find this article posted on 2/25/2013 at REUTERS )

Based on my research so far, ATT still has a lot of catching up to do. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area ground zero for ATT haters. My sister switched to ATT from Verizon to get the iPhone a couple of years ago, and her call quality and reception clearly suffered. Then again I have been with Verizon since the beginning of my cell phone ownership, over ten years. Verizon's coverage has improved considerably over that time, as will ATT's going forward.

darksidekiller
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please sign these petitions.

http://www.change.org/petitions/sprint-deliver-us-the-sony-xperia-z

http://www.change.org/petitions/sony-mobile-xperia-distribute-the-xperia-z-to-all-carriers-in-the-us...

Post it on your differents social pages like Facebook, Twitter, etc and help with it. Let your friends know about it too please. The Xperia Z is going to be one of the best phones on 2013 and Sprint need to get it. Also if Sony want to get a chance to has the best 2013 phone they need to bring it to all the carriers.

Thank You

<< Note: (From the ToS)  Participants may post hypertext links to content hosted and maintained by third parties. Verizon Wireless has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.>>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rzthomps
Enthusiast - Level 1

. . . just another Customer that would really like to see Xperia Z come to Verizon !

nolie83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am really frustrated with the current Verizon phone lineup.  I'm still rockin' my HTC Incredible 2 with Cyanogenmod just waiting for something worth upgrading to.  And the BLOATware that can't be uninstalled!!!!??!??!?!  OMG Verizon. Enough with the bloatware already. Seriously.  Any phone I get from Verizon must have stock Androd (fat chance) or be supported by Cyanogenmod.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hate to burst you bubble but ALL carriers have bloatware. It's why you can get a $650 phone for $200.

0 Likes
Not applicable

no bloatware on Apple iPhones. Apple does not allow the carriers to mess with their devices.

I have long advocated cell makers not allow service providers to touch their devices. The makers should make them, update them, service them and there would be no ad's or crapware on the devices.

The cell companies should not be placing diddly on any customers devices. The customer owns the phone not Verizon.

And this also applies to the other providers as well.