Software Upgrade
_xxpeekxx_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wondering if anyone knows when the next update will be rolled out for the LG G Vista VS880PP?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software Upgrade
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have an LG V10. A more expensive device and it is not getting an update anytime soon. I wouldn't count any updates for your phone.

_xxpeekxx_
Enthusiast - Level 1

They need to send the updates to all compatible phones instead of just the phones that are trending. For example the LG G Vista 2 got the marshmallow update but not the LG G Vista 1. People are pretty much forced to buy new phone and the prices are rising.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The life cycle of software support is 2 years. Also, the Vista series is lower end meaning that the hardware may not be able to support the software.

I don't agree with it at all but that is they way it is. The V10 was apparently not going to get the Nougat update and now it will. Probably not before I pay it off. It's good though because I will never buy an LG smartphone again. Their support has been terrible for the flagship devices. Something like the Vista which isn't a flagship[p would probably not get it.

0 Likes
KiRyah

Yeah I have to say this is total [removed]! The V10 wasn't passed its support date When Nougat came out! Now 8.0 is coming out and we won't get that either! It's not LG who is preventing us from getting the update is Verizon. It [removed] me off that Other V10s have been updated but not Verizon! That's [removed].

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand wanting to maintain the newest OS for your device. Are you having functionality issues or is the phone malfunctioning?

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KiRyah

No its not malfunctioning. But considering that The V10 was out within the 2year life cycle window.  I would like to use the new version of Androids features, such as:

Double tap to switch between apps.

Run 2 apps at the same time...

Send texts while watching a movie.

Being able to Use Doze

Customize quick settings

Bundled notifications

Direct reply

Data Saver

Just to name a few of the enhanced features. Also, I own my phone, and yet I am unable to unlock my Bootloader so I can change carriers. Aside from the fact that my local Verizon store assured me that if changed my plans data size and I went over my data limit on my next bill I could change back to the unlimited plan. Yeah... That didn't happen either! So needless to say, as soon as my contract is up I'll be exploring my options after many, many years as a Verizon customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@KiRyah  We value keeping you as a customer and would hate to lose you. The LG V10 is an incredible phone. Our devices are always up to date to provide you with the best technology. You'll receive a notification on your device informing you of a new software update available. Please keep in mind that we don’t control any software updates. Please visit our “LG V10 Software Update” page http://vz.to/2scm1yt for additional information.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes