Software Upgrade Assistant (SUA) Tool will not install
tomm63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I am unable to install the SUA tool in order to install Update 15 that was pushed out to my LG G6 VS988 on 10-2-2020.

My scenario is:

I have my phone connected to my laptop via USB.  

I get as far as having the dialog box open to install the SUA tool but the "Next" link at the lower right hand part of the box is not enabled.  

Are there any work arounds or solutions for this issue?

Thanks,

Tomm63

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Software Upgrade Assistant (SUA) Tool will not install
tomm63
Enthusiast - Level 2

@R0ck-star @jav6 

Thanks to @R0ck-star playing around with the phone this solution worked for me this morning:

1. Power off the phone

2. Hold the power & vol. down button together until the factory screen appears

3. navigate to the clear cache option with the vol. buttons and select with the power button

4. Phone will restart, repeat the update attempt

5. Pray and throw in some hail Marys...

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use the software upgrade assistant. Is your device in USB File Transfer mode?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
tomm63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is and when i open the dialog box to load the SUA Tool the "Next" link in the lower right hand corner is dead.  And i am dead in the water as a result.  Thanks Peter

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@tomm63 wrote:

Hi all,

I am unable to install the SUA tool in order to install Update 15 that was pushed out to my LG G6 VS988 on 10-2-2020.

My scenario is:

I have my phone connected to my laptop via USB.  

I get as far as having the dialog box open to install the SUA tool but the "Next" link at the lower right hand part of the box is not enabled.  

Are there any work arounds or solutions for this issue?

Thanks,

Tomm63

Even if you get the SUA tool installed, you may have issues installing the update.  See:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/LG/LG-G6-Software-Update-Won-t-Complete/m-p/1186314#M9032

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
tomm63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks jav6.  Yea, unfortunately i did not see that thread until after i started this one.  Waiting and watching for some action by Verizon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When you are on this screen do you get any other messages or any boxes or information you have to select? Often times you have to make all the selections to activate the button. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, tomm63. We definitely want to assist with making sure that you are able to update your LG G6 to its latest available software version. Are you able to update the software of your device using the Settings app as opposed to the Software Upgrade Assistant Tool? Below is a link you can click on to view the steps to take to update the software of your device using the Settings app. http://spr.ly/6606G2cQY BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
tomm63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Brett,

I have tried this previously and again today unsuccessfully.  I am getting the same errors as before.

Tom

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, tomm63. If you use other USB settings than "USB File Transfer," Does the Next button un-gray? 

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
tomm63
Enthusiast - Level 2

@R0ck-star @jav6 

Thanks to @R0ck-star playing around with the phone this solution worked for me this morning:

1. Power off the phone

2. Hold the power & vol. down button together until the factory screen appears

3. navigate to the clear cache option with the vol. buttons and select with the power button

4. Phone will restart, repeat the update attempt

5. Pray and throw in some hail Marys...