Re: So who is getting The HTC DNA
elbenton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had a DNA since 11/25.  It has an OUTSTANDING display and the battery life is very good.  I ran it for over 12 hours with GPS and Wi-Fi on the whole time and it still had 46% left.

Using Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus, I backed up all of my photos and videos (15 GB mostly photos) and about 8 GB of music to Verizon's cloud.  When I want to view or listen to any of them, the phone has insane speed.  HD movies stream with no buffering and the photos are viewable instantly.  Streaming a one-and-a-half-hour HD movie eats about 1 GB of data, so do it on Wi-Fi if you can.  All music sounds GREAT with Beats Audio.  All of this is the due to the advantage of  speed with this phone.  However, I have been using an iPod for music for a while now so the bandwidth necessary for music is not a consideration for me.  I knew I was going to use the iPod before I bought the DNA.  I also knew that I would be using my home Wi-FI network most of the time.

Of course, when away from a Wi-Fi network,all of this takes bandwidth, which is not free, which was Verizon's intention when they declared the desired specifications to HTC.

Nevertheless, if you don't mind using data, the speed of this phone on a 4G network makes streaming media from the cloud a seamless experience.

0 Likes
outbackerdave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah Verizon hamstringed this phone because"

1. They are pushing the Razr Maxx HD more than the DNA.

2. They WANT you to use more data as that is the money wagon for them.

They are offering unlimited calls and text because they make googles (pun intented) money off of data service. That is a main money maker now. So they want you to use that cloud while off wifi, they want you to stream that stuff (while off wifi), they want you to tether, and for those who 500mb of cloud is not enough they have 25gigs for $2.99/mo and up but oh my yes you still use your data when you want to access your cloud storage from your phone.

I was tempted to get this phone but intentionally putting only 16gb of storage then leaving only 11gb left, after the operating system, has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Denvertoad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to buy this phone, I love the specs of this phone, and the screen is outstanding. I was in the Verizon store and had the opportunity to compare the DNA and GS3 side by side. Same web page on both. The clarity of the DNA's screen was hands down better. I'm not a fan of touchwiz, too busy. I'd really like to hand HTC some money...

BUT....

No SD card? Who's the idiot that made this decision? I've a 32G card I've swapped between my last four phones. Incredible, TBolt, Razor Maxx, and MaxxHD. Don't give me any song and dance about cloud,where I live and work the reception is horrendous. All I want is to play music, watch a movie or two, and have my docs readily available. WHEN AND WHERE I WANT TO!!!

11 gig? Really? Sorry HTC, with every non HTC phone I buy it's gets harder and harder to return. If Motorola comes out with a 5.5 inch 1080 display with quad and SD slot you'll never sell another DNA.

0 Likes