Slow text messaging
acharo01

Was there any follow through with the issue of text messaging being slow?  I'm not on contract and have had this issue for over a year now but stayed with Verizon for the service. I don't want to lose my service, but with everyone's prices going down, that's the only way I can change phones, unless this was resolved. Can I get some help? I've went into the store 3 times over this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow text messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
acharo01,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your text. We want to get this issue resolved and keep you in the VZW family. I apologize for my confusion as I am unable to view any previous history your may have had with this issue. To clarify, what make/model device do you have? Are you having issues with text being slow to send out or received? When did this issue begin? I see you stated you are not on contract, do you mean you are on prepaid or are you on a post paid account but out of contract?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
acharo01

I'm not on contract because I did my two years, this is not prepaid. It started about a year and a half ago, if you look up when people started complaining it's because it's a firmware issue. I have yet to get anyone to fix this issue for me Smiley Sad I love my service but for the same price ofgoing somewhere else I can get a phone that works. Getting the texts as well as sending is so slow. And it won't let me type a message until the last one is even sent, which may take 30 seconds. And don't even ask about group texts because that is a nightmare. I have an HTC DNA

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
A year and a half with this messaging issue is too long acharo01! Let's get other important clues to resolve this issue! What is your software version http://spr.ly/6585Aivz please? What messaging application do you use?

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
acharo01

409.  605.5 android version 4.4.2. I use the regular texting, there is no app or anything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Great information acharo01! You have the most current software version (this is good)! Please install Verizon Messages from the Play Store http://bit.ly/13rcZfv and test. You can see all the benefits included with Verizon Messages at this link http://vz.to/1k3gBxd I trust that this application will resolve your text messaging speed concerns. Keep us posted!

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
acharo01

If I wanted to download a third party app I would have done that a long time ago. I want my phone to work correctly. That's the answer I need.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I hear you acharo01! I communicate through text messages most of the time, so I understand why you want the native application to work.

When did this start specifically? How are you able to test the lag? Send a picture to yourself then let us know if it works. Does it happen with every message or specific contacts?

AdaS_VZW
0 Likes
acharo01

I've never tested the lag? About a year and a half ago it started. It is with every contact, including sending a picture or regular message to myself.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes