Slow charging on ZenFone V Live
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

As the title says, my phone keeps going into slow charging mode.  (I'm not sure this is the right board, but I couldn't find one for ASUS.)  Moderators, please move it if need be.  I'm using the original cord and charger, and most of the time I have to remove and reinsert the cable several times to get it to work right.  I also have a second cable, bought directly from Verizon, in my car that has the same issues.  Last night, it spent so much time in slow charge mode that it was turned off and empty this morning.  The phone is just over a year old, and I doubt it's ready to replace yet.  What can I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow charging on ZenFone V Live
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I finally found the issue after it became almost impossible to charge it: both the charging cable that came with it and the one I'd bought in a Verizon store were going bad and needed replacing.  I should have remembered something an old friend, Dr. Pournelle, said: Always suspect the cables.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a working phone. Let's look into what's going on. When did your phone first start having charging issues? Do you see any corrosion, or hanging parts when you look in the charging port? How does the cord fit?

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I've been having problems with slow charging for several months, but most of the time it clears up if I remove and reinsert the cable several times, or turn it around.  I've checked the port and don't see any damage.  Also, I should mention that it's only been that bad the one time, but I'd like to keep it from happening again if possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSZEF30, we certainly want your phone to charger properly for you. We want to help in any way we can. 

Since this issue started have you performed a Factory Data Reset on your phone. We ask because this issue can be related to a software error within the phone. Before performing the reset, you will want to ensure all of your information is backed up.

You can save your information with Google or our Verizon Cloud services https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215799/

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, I tried the reset.  Worst thing I cold have done.  Not only didn't it change anything, I'm still trying to get things back the way they were.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you're not using the original charger, aftermarket quick charge chargers probably aren't going to work.

buy a wi-fi charging pad for about $60.

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Please read my original post before replying.  Among other things, it says that I was using the original cord and charger when this happened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying that, JOSZEF30. We truly hope you're able to recover all of your data. We recommend you take your phone to one of our corporate stores, so they can test a different charger and cord. That way we will know for sure where the problem lies. You can find your nearest store at www.vzw.com/stores. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

It's not data I lost, but app settings and locations.  I know where the nearest Verizon store is, I've been there, and they were less than no help.  All they wanted to do was sell me a new cord, without explaining why.  Do you have any real suggestions, or are you just going to try to get me to spend money for no good reason?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any misunderstanding. What we want is to try a different charger in case the issue is with your charger. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes