Since update to Lollipos on S4 I cannot connect by usb to by computer
evensonly

Since my S4 was updated to Lollipop, I cannot connect to my computer via usb to transfer files.  I worked fine before the update.  I'm using the usb cable that came with the phone.  Do I need to do something different on the phone since the update?  All suggestions would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Since update to Lollipos on S4 I cannot connect by usb to by computer
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Can you tell us if there an error message? Does your phone charge while plugged in? Have you verified that the cable is working by plugging it into the charger, phone and wall? Did you try a different USB port?

0 Likes
evensonly

No error messages. No beep when plugged into the pc.  It won't even charge with the samsung usb cable plugged into the samsung usb wall plug.  I have to use my old LG ally cable to charge it now.  I've tried it on 3 usb ports on the desktop and on my laptop.  Could just updating the software make the phones cable useless?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't think your issue stemmed from the update at all. If your not getting an error message on your phone or computer and the cable won't charge your phone while plugged into the wall it sounds like you need a new cable. I bet if you went into a Verizon store with your phone they would plug you up into a cable to verify.

0 Likes
evensonly

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll have to make a run over there.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would bet money that is your problem. Especially because you said your phone charges using a different cable. But before you run over there, have you tried plugging your phone into the computer using the cable that you're using to charge it? Or is it not a usb?

0 Likes