Since the update of Droid Aris, video upload became QuickTTime
Cowdogs

I did the system update the other day of my Droid Aris, and since then, all the videos that I uploaded on my PC from the Droid became QuickTime.  It used to Microsoft Media Player.  Id did not change anything on the compuetr side.

How can I fix it so that uploaded videos would be Media Player?

any way to conver the Quicktime file into Media player?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Since the update of Droid Aris, video upload became QuickTTime
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

After you move the files over to your PC, left click, go to open with, and select Choose Program. Check mark the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file." Then select the windows media and click Ok. If the windows media player icon is not listed, you will have to browse for it.

Your icon will switch back to windows media player video icon and when you click the video files, it will open in windows media player.

0 Likes
Cowdogs

Thank you.

I had done what you indicated.  But I cannot open the files still.  Windows Player says "the selected file has an extension (.3gp) that is not recognised by Windows Media Player etc, etc."  It all started after the system update".  I could only play these videos that I uploaded from Android Aris in QyuckTime.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

You could try downloading a codec pack for windows media player that supports the .3gp codec.

0 Likes