Since the KitKat up date my Driod MAXX has top my list as worst phone ever
Love2Travel73

Since the KitKat up date my Driod MAXX has been basically useless.  Battery life is horrible, 4G is rarely available anymore, I thought I was going crazy thinking the battery use to last longer and I use to have 4G. I spoke to Verizon and they tried to tell me I"m not in a 4G area until I insisted that I use to get 4G. With text messaging I get several errors. My WhatsApp no longer notifies me when I get a message. Everything being all white now also makes notifications harder to read. The list goes on. I want to get read of this phone but don't want to pay full price (otherwise I will lose my unlimited data) Are others having the same issue? Any solutions besides getting a different phone or leaving VZW.  I have been a customer with them for 13 years and have always been happy but this has become very annoying and troublesome.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Since the KitKat up date my Driod MAXX has top my list as worst phone ever
Love2Travel73

VZW is sending a replacement phone but I don't think that will solve the problem unless it doesn't have KitKat and I can avoid updating to it.

I think I will have to start looking at other service providers.  Too bad.

I've been happy with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Love2Travel73 We certainl don't want you to shop around for a new provider. Our goal is to make sure you have a working phone. Please let us know how the replacement device works once you activate it. The software may already be installed as the phone passes an inspection to make sure it's current and working properly. 

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Love2Travel73

At first the phone seemed to be back to normal but it's back to be almost dead by mid-afternoon where before it would be barely half drained by evening. The new mandatory up-date did not help at all, and may have made it worse. I am so disappointed again. This phone is just not what it was and should have continued to be.  Do you have any suggestions to fix this issue again?

Thank you

Alia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Love2Travel73,

Thank you for the update. Let's investigate further into this. What shows to be using the most battery power? Settings>Battery. Have you tried these steps http://vz.to/1ssPQ6J to help extend battery life?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes