Since pairing my Galaxy 6 Edge with Samsung Gear 2 via bluetooth, battery drain on the PHONE has been horrible.
Daveswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any suggestions? I paired by watch with my 6 Edge about a week ago, and the drop on the battery on my phone has been pretty crazy, was at 100% at 6am, down to 24% at 2pm. This never happened before, and I'm not using the phone excessively.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Since pairing my Galaxy 6 Edge with Samsung Gear 2 via bluetooth, battery drain on the PHONE has been horrible.
Daveswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I might have found the solution, and I'm not thinking it's the phone/ watch pairing. Verizon Wireless  mobile account has a set up wizard that will run a diagnostic on your phone if you are logged into your account. I checked, and it was FB Messenger that was sucking the life from my battery. I've uninstalled, and it is much better.

While I expected the watch/ phone pairing to drain it a bit, I didn't expect it to drain that quickly. Disappointed that Verizon suggested I just buy a brick, rather than point me in that direction to begin with- as it resolved the problem that changing settings on the Samsung, and running Samsung diagnostics wouldn't.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Since pairing my Galaxy 6 Edge with Samsung Gear 2 via bluetooth, battery drain on the PHONE has been horrible.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details of your battery concerns, Daveswife. I am also a consumer and I know how important it is to have enough juice in my phone for my entire day. My resources indicate that a usage percentage as described on your post is normal considering that a Bluetooth connection means that your phone uses battery non stop to be connected with your Gear 2. Your phone and battery are working as designed and battery usage is normal.

I personally resolved my battery concerns while using Bluetooth accessories with a power bank that I keep handy. You can find several power source options at this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/batteries/

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daveswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there settings on the watch and/ or the phone I can change the settings to maximize what I have for battery life on the phone before buying external packs? Thank you!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm guessing your Gear S2 is Bluetooth only? I have the S2 as a standalone and while it has more features paired over Bluetooth it drains both batteries faster.

0 Likes
Daveswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's also wifi- but not sure if that would be helpful to turn on?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No, it would only drain your battery faster to have bluetooth and wi-fi on. Does the battery drain fast on the watch also or just the phone?

0 Likes
Daveswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just the phone, the watch battery is pretty amazing actually.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Things I'd try are pretty basic and you may have already, but it's kind of like when someone says their computer won't turn on; is it plugged in? Have to ask. (:

If you don't turn your phone off often, begin with a restart.

If you've restarted then next i'd clear the cache and data:

Settings>Applications>Application Manager>*scroll left 3x>Bluetooth>Clear Cache>Clear Data and restart

I've been out of the loop awhile, but I have the S5 and those are the directions for me. You'll have to pair your watch again and in all honesty I'd probably clear the bluetooth settings on it as well, but I'm overzealous.

0 Likes
Daveswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll give it a shot- and yes, I've restarted Smiley Happy But thank you for asking, and for the suggestions, I appreciate it, and will try clearing cache and data.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If that doesn't work then I think it'd be good to take a look at the battery drainage JUST to make sure it is indeed your bluetooth. This can be done by charging your phone fully; 100% and then using it as you would throughout the day. Once you get to around 20% do this:

Settings>battery

Then report back on the top 5 apps listed and what % they use

0 Likes