Sim card help
EthanC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can a sim card be reset if it locked an imei from a phone that was stolen? I put it in a friends phone and didn't know it was stolen. Can my sim card be reset? Does it effect my galaxy s4 in general?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sim card help
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you put it back in your phone, power cycle, it should recognize your phone again.

if it doesn't, go to a corporate store for a replacement SIM card.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think that once a new SIM is activated on your account, the old one gets removed.  Could be wrong about this though.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

demmo86rt

That has nothing to do with putting his active sim in a fiends stolen phone.

EthanC

please do not "bomb" the forum with 4 posts on the exact same problem in 5 minutes.  It is against forum etiquette.

0 Likes
EthanC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does out cost to get a new sim card

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF, you need one....IF... You can get a free replacement at a Verizon corporate store.

0 Likes
EthanC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I anyway restated my phone with it in.  I even reset it. With it in. My dad thinks it ruined my phone.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I thought he was saying that his SIM was in a friends phone which was then stolen.  I thought his concern was that the thief would have access to his information until his SIM was "reset".

0 Likes
EthanC
Enthusiast - Level 1

No. When I put my sin card in it. To see if it would worked. Nothing happened. Then I put it back in my. And it wouldn't work. So I restarred it. And no service. So I got on my Verizon account and hadidn't the stolen phones info instead of my original phones stuff. My dad called them to see what happened and they said it was reported stolen. And he wasn't sure if it ruined my whole phone. Or just the sim card.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Just the sim card

get it replaced.   As I wrote before, corporate Verizon store will replace for free.  Retail stores like Best Buy charge for sim cards.

0 Likes