Re: Sharing KitKat update complaints, there should be plenty
RicoRiggio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am running 4.4.2 on my DNA by HTC and I'm stuck with junk unless I want to pay for a repair or a deductible for an extended warranty replacement. that's not fair. After my kit Kat update my camera stopped, there's a thread dedicated to that issue, my mobile data randomly disconnects I have to restart 3-4 times in a day and I too have much less battery life. I really miss fast reliable internet and my camera. I spent hours on the phone with HTC and they agreed between the update and the phones interface something isn't right and it's unfortunate that I have to pay for a fix.

0 Likes
deltabond
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had pretty much all of these issues on my Note 3, and I got a replacement sent to me since I am still within the 1 year warranty.  Since I have had the phone, I pushed off the 'update' until it stopped trying to re-download it.  It took about 5 days or so, but now I don't get bothered with it anymore, and my phone works.  I hope some of you can get a replacement phone and push back the updates until this problem is completely resolved.

Sad, my husband's coworker just now got a smartphone... got the Galaxy and said, its great, but I can't get texts to send.  SIGH

0 Likes
franzuber
Enthusiast - Level 3

My 2 Motorola RazM phones are less than fully functional as most phones are after the 4.4.2 update. I have read hundreds of posts about it. I have talked to Verizon. There is no fix right now. I appear to own a piece of junk phone from a terrible carrier(no surprise). With all that said, what have I learned? I am a victim of American greed..

A typical American company screwing it's users. I am use to that.

A cheap Chinese product that does not work as advertised. I am used to that.

The usual American software that does not work properly. I am used to that.

An American company with terrible customer service. I am used to that.

Oh no! The perfect US Corporation!

I can only hope someone files a class action suit against Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't have anything to do with the coding of the software updates.

Also you should read the VZW customer agreement regarding class action suits again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

<<Personal comments removed >>

Verizon did not make your device, Verizon does not update your operating system....Motorola did.

Your issues are with the device maker.

Verizon sells a service to their cellular and data services. Nothing else. You are required to have a working and functional device to use these services. It is not Verizon's fault your device update rendered your phone unstable.

It is Motorola.

And per the US Supreme Court no class actions are allowed. Verizon has arbitration and single right of action (small claims or superior court)

Good Luck

franzuber
Enthusiast - Level 3

<< Personal comments removed. >>

I did not say Verizon built my device. I said my device is a piece of JUNK. Verizon sold it to me.  It is Verizon's fault.

As I stated a typical American company screwing it users. That is business in America.

I know. I have read the CA and as usual users have no recourse. Too bad class action suits are not allowed.

The bottom line is Verizon is promoting/selling/servicing (whatever you want to call it) devices that do not work correctly. That is Verizon's problem and now it is thousands of users problems.

0 Likes
Not applicable

<< Personal comments removed >>

Alright let's do this another way.

you walk into Best Buy or Walmarts or Costco or any retailer selling mobile devices and it could be a Samsung or an HTC or Motorola or any other brand. You buy it for the carrier of choice.

you set up service and the device functions as it should.

then the maker of the device sends out a operating system update and now the phone no longer works as before. So now you are blaming the cellular provider.

I don't blame the retailer I purchased the device from for its problems.

the phone maker is the problem, not Verizon or Sprint or AT&T or T-Mobile since all carriers are having these issues.

it is the device makers.

go after the makers of the devices, they don't have class action protections. That is your best bet.

again Good Luck

Daverawks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Going downhill fast. Between kitkat, my phone shutting off cuz it's overheating and now Verizon decides to send me this lame 1x signal, I'm finding less reasons to stay with this combination. Any better suggestions?

0 Likes
Choiceadvocate
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hay everybody, I have been waiting to do my final complaining about kitkat, and that day is here. So I hope those of you who are going through the same issues will enjoy the sarcasm 😉 and yes there is light at the end of this tunnel.

So I used to be able to voice search things on the internet while I was watering the garden (outside my house), Kitkat made a depressing sound and said "can't reach google"

I used to be able to stream media while washing dishes (In my kitchen) Kitkat showed me a little spinning thing and would only tease me with snippets of the video I wanted to watch.

I used to be able to tell whether I just received a text, missed a call, or email from the color of the little flashing led on my phone Kitkat said "you have to open your phone and unlock it to find out it was just a face book comment about the ribs you made for the party last night, and not the much anticipated reply to your business offering."

I used to be able to talk to my phone in silly accents and it would get more than 90% of the speech to text correct, Kitkat said "what... huh...?"

I used to have an unlock pattern that used all of the dots (cause I am crazy like that) Kitkat said "I want to make the dots smaller, you only use simple codes that a 6 year old could guess right?"

I used to be able to silence my phone from the lock screen, Kitkat said "I am sure your boss wont mind you digging in your phone to silence it instead of being able to do it without taking it out of your pocket."

I used to be able to say "Restaurants" and a web page with "local" restaurants and a map would appear. I would click on the map and little bubbles would appear all around the blue arrow that represented my location, clicking the bubbles would show me a few things about the restaurant in question including the type of quizine. Kitkat said "I have put the restaurants in an arbitrarily ordered list, where the restaurants are represented by photos, which if you are lucky show you what kind of food the restaurant serves, otherwise you have to click on them to read the menu instead of a synopses of the food type served, (easy while driving a car right?) and if you want to know where they are I have conveniently written directions to tell you how to get there from your current location, instead of just having a map, cause I know it is easier to read than it is to look at a map while you are trying to navigate in a new town...

Oh and one more thing, even if I am connected to wifi when you turn off the screen, and do not move one foot in any direction, when you open me up again I will be on 4g and I will take roughly a minute and a half to switch back to wifi, so any internet searching will just have to wait cause, this is how I role."

Just to name a few I feel the most.

The day is here! my DROID M XT907 is NO LONGER Infected With KITKAT!!! yeeeeeah! I am freshly jelly beaned and I would like to thank all those who think outside of the box for helping me out of this particular box! All of my complaints are GONE! My phone communicates to me in a rainbow of colors with the blink of an LED, understands my silly accents better than some of my friends, remains on wifi for hours weather it is in use or not, shows me a map with informative destination markers, bows to my need for complex pattern locking, not to mention texting and all the rest!

Everyone who likes to tell people "you are stuck with this, there is no going back, those are all minor complaints, your being to picky" you know who you are, 😉 Well I hope you can enjoy the dirt in your mouth cause where there is a will there is a way! yeah!

Oh and did you know jelly bean usage is holding steady at around 60.3%, while kitkat with a huge increase of 21% in the last 30 days has only climbed to 16.6%. I am sure these numbers have nothing to do with the quality of the kitkat OS. 😉

Somewhat tech savvy individuals unite, I have been searching "kitkat rollback xt907 verizon" every few days or weeks since this kitkat debacle occurred, hoping against hope that Verizon would clean up their mess.

Look online, and check thoroughly that your particular phone can be "disinfected" research research research. If you should dare to chose this path I recommend following all instructions to the letter. Good Luck Ladies and Gentlemen!! Woowoo! (can you tell I am happy?)

I only have one more question "will this post be edited?" 🙂