Shame on Verizon no Nexus 5
Customer666

I have been with Verizon for 6+ years and I am sad to say I am leaving.  Verizon's attitude toward the pure Android experience sickens me.  For those of us who want to be bleeding edge with updates, guess what THATS OUR CHOICE!  There is no reason Verizon needs to be involved in that PERIOD.  We trust Google will release well tested, reliable updates when they are ready.  NONE of Verizons customers who CHOOSE to buy Nexus phones will ever blame Verizon if something doesn't work with a phone.  So don't play the game of "we need to be sure things don't break your phone" card....

My $230 a month for 3 smartphones and home phone connect are gone, goodbye, leaving. 

Oh and you're "opt-out" of the Nexus 5, which means your COULD have supported it but chose not to, makes me even more mad. 

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57610241-94/with-nexus-5-google-finally-gets-flagship-phone-treatme...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shame on Verizon no Nexus 5
olddirt

I have been a customer for nearly a decade and I will also be leaving Verizon for a carrier that supports the Nexus 5.

0 Likes
bob52r

verizon has the best network and tech support.   BUT why does upper management have such little regard for it's customer base. the google phones are a big deal to a major segment of the community. i loved having the galaxy nexus on verizon. i understand the 4 lte limtaions of the nexus 4.

thew nexus 5 can be fully functional on verizon, if verizon's upper management had the will to do it.  i am at a loss to understand. i am not leaving today, but it creates a bad taste in my mouth that will linger. if deutche telcome wants to invest the effort, they could create a nightmare for verizion. if i were in verizon's upper management, i would want to cement positive relationships with my customer base. i would not want to repeatedly make policy decisions driven by small extra profits.

until verizon provides a more rationale expalanation: i assume that the profit margins were not large enough so they decided to not carry a new world class phone. diasappointing.

one day t mobile's parent will have built out a true nationwide system and verizon's major customers will treat verizon exactly the way current management reats it's customer base: to save a few dollars or make a few dollars, i will disrespect and hold in very limited regards the desires of those i do business with -----

i love certain aspects of the network and the well trained upper level technicians. upper mangement considers me fungible and so i may treat them the same way.

maybe i am stupid being loyal to certain brands. i always stay with allstate based upon the service i receive from my agent--not the cost of the auto policy each renewal cycle.

management you are losing my respect

0 Likes
Mont3000

Yeah its been about 6 years for me too.

Just to use the Nexus 4, I switched services with my sister and brought her number over to Verizon until my contract ran out in hopes that the next Nexus will be available from Verizon then me  and my sister can switch back, her to T-Mobile and me back to Verizon.

NOPE another Nexus bypassed again so I will be switching too at the end of December, Im thinking AT & T though for better data service, I will have to compare later.

I did read that Google and Verizon have some other "projects" going on to come out but I ain't holding my breath. Hell, I might even "suspend" my account for 3 months after my contract and wait to see what this "project" is but the only thing it could be is like a Galaxy 5 "Nexus" or some hybrid of the sort, so until I see it in concrete my plans are to leave.

0 Likes