Setup Wizard data usage limited notification
Desburrito
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know why, but I am unable to use my data (which is unlimited from verizon) when this wierd setup wizard notification is in my notification shade. It says Setup wizard data usage limited due to time of day or data limit. I don't know why this is happening and I would like a solution to remove this so I can use my data freely. Please help me solve this problem. Thank you.

Re: Setup Wizard data usage limited notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you're paying for service Desburrito, you should have the opportunity to use it freely. The speeds you have will depend on your plan and area. What phone do you have? Are you receiving this notification via My-Verizon or via email? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Ljelte
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this EXACT problem on my Galaxy S7 and it literally just started maybe 2 weeks ago....only beginning at 10pm and then is done by 7:00. Have you found any solution?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. Have you made any recent adjustments to your device? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Shaun11787
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to Settings, Apps, top right corner press "Show system Apps" then go to Setup wizard then force stop it. Also go a step further and do not allow 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Restarting your device in Safe Mode is definitely a great option to verify if any apps are causing these issues with your device. The following link will guide you through this process: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
taylorsda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having this problem yesterday but it does not seem to be specific to the phone because none of the devices on my plan could call or text at that time. 

rheanna480
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem on one of my phones. I am on tech support with Verizon who is now conference calling Samsung since the app says "Samsung Setup Wizard" . I already tried force stopping and not allowing permissions that didn't work, then I did a factory reset and that didn't work either. I will post if we find a resolution but I am not hopeful. It restricts any data usage (WIFI or 4G) after 6pm AZ time. I also checked all my parental control apps and made sure there was no data limitations anywhere there or in the settings. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rheanna480. we know the importance of managing data limit restrictions on your device. Are you receiving a Data Limit reached notification? Have you tried going to Settings > Mobile Network > Data Warning & Limit >  to toggle off the option? Please keep us posted. We're here to help. 

rheanna480
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update. Spent 2 days on the phone with verizon and Samsung since it's a Samsung setup wizard.  I was supposed to receive a call back yesterday from the verizon tech guy to do a warranty replacement on the phone but he never called me back.

0 Likes