Set-up ? regarding Verizon Message+ app
Agunats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently installed Verizon's Message+ text messaging app and I like it.  One thing I like a lot is how when I get a text message and it beeps to let me know I have a message when I turn on the screen of my Galaxy Note3 the message is already there and open, it doesn't first make me open the app and check it there.  WILL THE APP ALSO DO THIS?  In addition to this feature I would like it even more if the app would activate (turn on the screen) so when I take the phone out of it's case to check the beep the screen would already be on with the message displayed.  In that way I would not have to push a button to turn on the screen first.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Set-up ? regarding Verizon Message+ app
tbo27
Master - Level 2

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-messages.html

Just try it for awhile you can also text from a computer.  Pretty sweet

0 Likes
Agunats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure why you supplied this link.  Unless I am missing something (please let me know if I am) this link is merely an advertisement for Verizon Message+ and makes no mention of the question I asked.  It seems to show a lot of things you can do with the app but actually shows you how to do very few of them.

Bob

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

It doesn't do all the same that stock text app does so try both and see which you prefer

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agunats wrote:

I have recently installed Verizon's Message+ text messaging app and I like it.  One thing I like a lot is how when I get a text message and it beeps to let me know I have a message when I turn on the screen of my Galaxy Note3 the message is already there and open, it doesn't first make me open the app and check it there.  WILL THE APP ALSO DO THIS?  You just said it does do this on the Note 3.  Where else are you wanting this to happen?  If I have the desktop version running on my computer, I do get a pop up with the message on my computer screen.

In addition to this feature I would like it even more if the app would activate (turn on the screen) so when I take the phone out of it's case to check the beep the screen would already be on with the message displayed.  In that way I would not have to push a button to turn on the screen first.  What if you didn't get to the message for an hour or two?  Battery life would be dismal if the screen turned on and stayed on for each message received.  I'd rather take one second or less to push a button than have the screen on until I could get to it. 

Thanks in advance... Bob

0 Likes
JerrySNB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think that if the app turned the screen on automatically whenever a message came in, you'd have a couple of problems. First off, this would be a drain on the battery. Second, if you have any security turned on you'd still have to go through that before reading the message (I hope). Third, once the screen is on you might accidentally hit an icon you don't want to hit while taking it out of the case.

0 Likes