Service Issues
niki0402
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 lines on my account. We both use the Note 3. For several months I have had poor service within my house. It's gotten worse. I was able to sit outside and make calls, but that's not even an option. Is this due to the update? Is there a new update being released? Customer service is of no assistance. Our zip is 52732, they say there are no known issues in our area so, what's the deal?

Labels (1)
Re: Service Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, niki0402. I'm sorry that you have been experiencing this issue with your service. I reviewed the area, and did see there were some areas of opportunity for us, depending where you are in the zip code. Do you know if anyone else in the area is experiencing problems? When working with customer service, were you able to speak to tech support to open a network ticket?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ghostndragon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having the same issue, same phone. Zip code is 55434. But it's intermittent. And not just at my house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ghostndragon,hmmm that does seem a little odd. The area seems to be really good in that zip code. With the Note 3 have you been able to power down the phone and remove the sim card from the phone? Leave the sim card out for a good 10-15 seconds. Then place it back into the phone and then power the device back up and retest. How long have you been having this issue? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ghostndragon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't taken the sim card out.  This has been going on off and on for maybe 3-4 weeks.  It's not consistently happening, but when it does, it's consistently at my home and at a spot along highway 610 near where it merges with highway 252 and crosses the Mississippi river.  While Thursday night (7/24) was bad at home, Friday wasn't a problem.  At first, I didn't pay attention because I thought it might be random or weather related, but it's been too persistent (particularly at home) for it to be random. 

I will take out the sim card to see if the problem goes away.  However, since it's intermittent, I suspect that's not really the problem and it wouldn't be an obvious fix right away, anyway.  For what it's worth, when I have problems, my boyfriend with the same phone (but on AT&T) doesn't.  This is a pretty big problem since I gave up having a landline for using only cell service for my home phone.

0 Likes