Re: Sending mms files (pictures) with LG G2
JimmyDean18

This isn't true

0 Likes
Not applicable

The problem with sending MMS or photo messages many times is because the camera settings are set to too high a resolution. In android devices many cameras (my wife's LG G2 has individual settings) have a lower resolution megapixels setting. When she takes these huge 1248x900 ( in example) the photos either take forever to send or have errors and don't send.

With my iPhone 5s I have found if sending through imessage or via regular SMS to non iPhone users I have to turn HDR off, or use the non HDR photo in order for it to send.

I would look into your camera settings and see if you can change the size. Also in videos I have found 90% of my videos sent under 30 seconds send with no problem. I have sent two+ minute long videos to friends with and without iphones and they often hang and time out, or send after a long time. Again it is not fool proof.

Take both high and low resolution photos and try sending to your own cell phone. See which ones had no issues.

Good Luck

rkm1

It is a software problem. There will be an update in September that will fix. I had Verizon to send me another phone because I didn't want to wait. Hopefully new phone ok.

0 Likes
swingate08

Well I'm on my second phone still having problems so good luck

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you look at the post from LGUserG2, posted on

0 Likes
billsprincess
Enthusiast - Level 3

i am on my 5th replacement phone BUT verizon does not want to accept the responsibility and blames it on the user.

they even think these boards are full of (removed) and we are all just a bunch of winney babies. i was even accused by a verizon employee stating that my phone was installed with a illegal OS which i never did.  i have asked for a DIFF make and model but verizon wont do anything

Message edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

stef7
Master - Level 2

same question to you billsprincess.

did you try the post by LGUserG2 from 6/7 in this thread?

I cleared the Google+ cache, deleted the Google+ stored data, disabled the app, and restarted the phone.  Since doing that, everything has been working just fine.  I also realized that the Google Photo app is part of Google+, and I was using that app instead of Photos as my primary app to manage photos.  That included the auto backup feature for my photos to Google+.  All of this makes me suspect that the Photo app and auto backup feature may be the culprits.

Go into Settings | Application manager

Swype to the right till you see All,

Scroll down to Google+.

Clear Data and Clear Cache, and Disable.

Then power down and power your phone back up.

Worth a try.

JimmyDean18

I got another phone from Verizon but they were adamant that this would be the only “new” replacement phone (15 days from date of purchase) they would give me. If it happens again it will be a refurbished phone (although it was 1 day over the warranty and 5 days after I started contacted Verizon online via chat and talking). I was told this new phone was from a different “batch”. So far, so good. It has been 2 weeks.

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

ye i thought it was odd myself. I have been with verizon for almost 15 years and i just got the Droid and this is the first time i have ever had to actually "turn on" or use "Data"  to send and recieve pics, media, etc.... It saddens me that this is just a "Verizon Thing" because  i just got my wife to switch from tmobile to verizon after years of trying to convince her to. and i really think she is regretting it just from simple little things like this.

0 Likes
critterscamaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked apps all apps Google plus clear cache clear data turnoff  click install default app

0 Likes